Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Smelly feet

We all know the 'aroma' so common to Lab feet. After years and years of having Labs my wife is beginning to be bothered by the smell as it transfers to our carpeting. We just shampood our carpet a week ago, and often try to use Fabreez, but that doesn't do much. Just wondering if any of you have discovered a way to minimize the smell. TIA

Re: Smelly feet

Wood floors

The problem is not the carpet but the underlay that smells. I removed all carpet and solved that odor problem. We don't smell it after awhile but friends and family are always ready to let you know that your house smells. I am very clean but only after removing all the carpet in the house did it start smelling fresh as a daisy, well almost, but not on a rainy day with a house full of Labs

Aroma? From the feet???

Re: Re: Smelly feet

I'm thinking the same thing.

Or did they mean from stuff their feet STEP in?

I don't know if it will keep it from being transferred to your carpet, but I've found the old lysol/water combo works pretty well at eliminating "frito feet" (ya know, the smell of fritos!)

Its the carpet, not the pad. My wife describes the 'bouquet' as popcorn. Thanks all.

This is where a dog perspires and you can wash the feet with mild soad and water and rinse with vinegar added to cool water. This will also help yeast from growing. Ellie

soap that is

Of all the things a dog (particularly a labrador) can smell like, I find the feet the least offensive :)

Low tide, OTOH - yuck! Deer scat - ew!

Thanks, Ellie. I forgot about that.