Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Update on 5-Month old with Cancer

I just wanted to let all of you who were so kind with your help and advice when one of my 5-month puppies was diagnosed with a malignent mass cell tumor. The puppy had surgery last Tuesday to remove what was left of the tumor. My puppy owner called me today to let me know that she had just heard from the vet with the pathology report. We now have clean margins of 3 cm and a clean bill of health. Yippee!!!!!! Give the girl another week or so and she should be back to normal - for now, she is recovering with an 8" incision under her chest right near her left under arm - ouch!

Thank you again for every one of your well wishes and thoughts, help and advice. My puppy owner has found another vet for routine work and has written her original vet to express her disappoint on his failure to act when asked back in July and Aug (2 times) to do a needle aspiration - even when he was told the lump had grown (his response was basically "Of course it has, she has grown too). Time to move on and thankfully close this chapter real soon on a very happy note.

Re: Another Update on 5-Month old with Cancer

That's great news. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Re: Re: Another Update on 5-Month old with Cancer

That's great news.....thank God the puppy's owner found a Vet that would listen to her. Any lump or growth on any dog young or old should be taken very seriously. Let's hope to puppy has a LONGGGGGG healthy life!

Re: Re: Re: Another Update on 5-Month old with Cancer

YEEEAAAA!!!...that's wonderful news..just goes to show it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion...this puppy owner knew something was wrong and was persistant, someone else might not have the knowledge and would just accept the vets answer ... So glad to hear the good news
Lisa

Glad you got the news you did! Thanks for the update!

Tell them to keep up with the weekly going overs to watch for any new lumps. The pup will enjoy the finger massages while they're checking anyway.

So glad to hear this wonderful update!