Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TVD Research

The Labrador Club I belong to is in the process of determining our annual donation recipient. One thought is to donate to research on TVD. I would appreciate any suggestions on universities or other organizations doing research on this issue.

Re: TVD Research

Check out:
http://www.geocities.com/nlrc_reports/tvd_funding.html

Re: Re: TVD Research

Chris,

I have a letter which is basically what is up on the NLRC page but with a little more detail..specifically who to make checks out to, who else besides Dr. Sleeper is involved, etc.

I tried to send you a copy of the letter, but got a note back saying I was spam.

If you e-mail me I'll send it as an attachment. I'll also send it out to whomever else is interested, and will put it up on our club's site this week. (MJLRC.org)

As an aside, we had a 50/50 raffle at our Specialty last week to support TVD Research and collected $260 dollars. Not a huge amount, but a start, and thank you to everyone who contributed. The raffle was won by Nancy Barnett and she generously donated her prize money back to the raffle. The money will be sent to Dr. Meg Sleeper at Penn to help start the fund for TVD Research.

While they are waiting for enough money to start the research, they are still collecting blood from affected dogs and family members. That info is there also.

It would also great to see the AKC's Health Foundation support this.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Check out:
http://www.geocities.com/nlrc_reports/tvd_funding.html

Re: Re: Re: TVD Research

The current letter from Dr. Sleeper is now on the
NLRC website. You can access it here:
TVD Research Funding

Considering how large a community we have these monies should have already been provided to Dr. Sleeper. Please, dig deep, we CAN make a difference. Thank you all for your support.

Re: Re: Re: Re: TVD Research

Fifty Thousand Dollars

HOW many of us will it take to raise $50,000.00?
Some of us have big pockets, some of us, small.
Look at what it will take to raise the monies needed to get this TVD Research off the ground.
Please consider the below:

1 concerned caretaker of the breed at $50,000.00

2 at $25,000.00

5 at $10,000.00 each

10 at $5,000.00 each

20 at $2,500.00 each

25 at $2,000.00 each

30 at $1,667.00 each

40 at $1,250.00 each

50 at $1,000.00 each

100 at $ 500.00 each

200 at $ 250.00 each

250 at $ 200.00 each

300 at $ 167.00 each

350 at $ 143.00 each

400 at $ 125.00 each

450 at $ 112.00 each

500 at $ 100.00 each

600 at $ 84.00 each

700 at $ 72.00 each

800 at $ 62.50 each

900 at $ 56.00 each

1000 at $ 50.00 each

We only need 500 Labrador fanciers to fund this project by donating $100.00 each!

Please click on this letter from Dr. Sleeper and see how you can help.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TVD Research

You guys are great for getting the word out on this and I am going to tell you what I told Susan when she contacted me about it. Keep at it- don't stop. The Labrador fancy will help fund this but they will need to be reminded over and over because as active participants in the dog fancy we are all busy people and have real lives too. So we have good intentions but then things get lost in the cracks and before we know it our opportunity to donate has passed. Also all the holidays are coming up so you will need to remind everyone again after the holidays.
You know if everyone who bred a litter of labradors would donate $100.00 that would obviously fund this research- look at the AKC statistics of how many Labradors litters are registered every year!!!!
And if you are wondering...yes ....we will donate to this research.
Judy