Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
??? about websites

I need help. I would like to have a website, but when it comes to computers I am lost! If I were to try it myself, can anyone recomend a "self help" book or a computer program on the subject? I hear there are free "host" sites where you can set up a web page. If I decide to have some else do it, what would I look under in the phone book/classifieds?
How do you manage you website?
Thanks!

Re: ??? about websites

There is a book "Creating Web Pages For Dummies" It also has a CD. Sam's Club had it.

Could I suggest that is you are going to find a web master, to get somebody that is dog savey. Check out some webs and if you like them, scroll down to find the web master.
Send them a e-mail.

Re: Re: ??? about websites

Yes, do get a webmaster to design and perhaps teach you updates.
The "free" hosting sites aren't worth the time it takes to type in the web address.
Go to a reputable host and pay, it's very cheap and well worth it!

There are web design people who can design a site for you within your budget. There are full pros who charge a ton but many people who do it on the side much cheaper. Many will also update the original pages only as part of the initial design cost.

If you want to email me privately, I have some info for you that may be helpful.

Gail

many hosts ( i think that's the term)like Go Daddy or Yahoo have package deals that are SUPER user friendly, they have all the hard work down for you, you just pick the colors, font etc and start creating. Its very easy compared to codes/doing it from scratch.

I've done several sites for myself and other ppl using "free" Angelfire, I found it easy to use with plenty of tutorials.

Take a look at my web site. You will see my webmaster at the bottom of the home page.

He does beautiful work and is very tallented, not to mention Labrador savy.

Give him a call, he is wonderful to work with.

Don't forget,, having a site and getting people to visit are two different things.

Email me, I the novice of websites. I can fill you in.. But glad to help.

Look at a lot of sites. Many will have the creator listed on the back "page". If you like the style of a particular site, contact the site owner if the creator is not listed. In many cases, the site owner is also its creator.

It MAY cost you some $$$, but if you're as technologically impaired as I am, it's well worth the investment!

Thanks everyone!