Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Judges Gift Ideas

Any help in this area? What have clubs given to male and female judges which you think were well received.
If you are a judge what items have you received which you liked?

Re: Judges Gift Ideas

I've received a lovely Yankee Candle - one of my favorite things. Local wine and foodstuffs would be great as well - for example, a Northeast show might give a judge from California a jug of real maple syrup. A personalized engraved pen to mark your judge's book. Gift certificates... Nothing too huge to carry on the plane if they are flying.

Re: Re: Judges Gift Ideas

In my experience, the most enthusiastically received gifts were gift certificates. A nice dinner out, a hotel stay, a certificate to a pet catalog all might be good. If you've been around long enough, you know that your home can easily fill up with stuff you would never purchase for yourself.

Re: Re: Re: Judges Gift Ideas

In chairing our show this year and last year and also doing the judges gifts I have purchased the following items and the judges have loved them. This year I gave the ladies the breed organizer canvas tote from LL Bean and gave the gentlemen LL Bean binoculars. Last year I purchased labrador bracelets from one of the ladies from another club and the ladies loved them. Over the years I have done the judges gifts for probably 15 years for MJLRC and have purchased anything from lamps, to mirrors, to throw blankets, to franklin mint knives for our judges and all gifts have been very, very appreciated.

Gift cards are great but remember foreign judges often cannot use them or the shipping prices make it not worth it!

We tend to rely on something small with our club logo and then a gift certificate. My all breed club gives pewterex tropies with club logo, so will give a mug with a gift certificate inside...usually we do the VISA ones that people can use on anything anywhere they choose. However, if you know someone likes one thing in particular, we might use that...like Starbucks (my personal favorite), or Olive Garden, etc...

Best regards,

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest

This year I bought our judge from Oregon a historical and geographical book about the area here in Canada she had come to judge in, which is Kingston and the 1000 Islands. She and her daughter had made a mini vacation of her trip here and she really seemed to enjoy the book. Of course, I had written in the front, thanking her for coming to judge here and wishing her a pleasant remainder of her trip. Not another Lab decoration, but hopefully something easy to store and a lasting momento of her time with us.

Love the idea of the Labrador jewelery Shirley. It's something that they won't see in their own country, and so easy to pack (wear home). Thats a great idea!