Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Innova puppy food?

Anyone use it successfully on young puppies???

Any other holistic foods successfully used on young puppies??

Re: Innova puppy food?

I feed Innova Puppy to an English Cocker and so far so good. She really prefers to steal Purina ProPlan kibbles from the labs when they aren't looking. They are very kind to my silly EC pup.

I have a customer who raised her Tollers on Innova puppy and was very happy with the results.

I've tried Wellness with puppies and would not recommend it. It seems to be too rich for them, as evidenced by diarrhea. Even when mom was eating Wellness puppy and nursing, it gave the pups diarrhea. Switched the food and mom and pups were good.

I raised a litter on the Innova Large Breed Puppy (purple bag) and they did fine...however I recently changed the puppy I kept to the Innvova adult (green bag0 and that was too rich for her..she had very soft stools...although it could have been from cutting teeth as well. I switched her to Canidae ALS and her stools are fine now.

Re: Re: Innova puppy food?

Had problem with diarrhea with it.

Re: Re: Re: Innova puppy food?

I switched my last pup off the Iams puppy her breeder had her on to Innova puppy until she was 4 months and put on adult food. No problems. I would use it again.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What about Cal Natural Puppy food?

Like the looks of the protein/fat ration a bit better. The Innova has 12% fat.