Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question about the forum

On another forum, if you make a spelling error or want to change or even delete your own post, you can do so. Is there any way to do that here, on your own? Or do you have to go through the administrator?

Re: Question about the forum

I have tried to go back and correct my typo's and spelling errors. If only we could but we cannot on this forum

Re: Re: Question about the forum

There is a review message at the bottom of the page ?
If you catch it in time.

Once you hit the Post Message button, you're SOL if you want to make changes.

Preview your post carefully before hitting that button if you're concerned about an error. You can correct it in a subsequent post.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

On another forum, if you make a spelling error or want to change or even delete your own post, you can do so. Is there any way to do that here, on your own? Or do you have to go through the administrator?

Shouldn't we all be adults here where we can forgive each other's misspellings???

I, who can't even spell dog on bad days, have resorted to the copy and paste method.
I will write out the message on my email program, then hit spell check. Once that is done, I will copy and paste it into a message on the forum. Might be the long way but if uncertain of that word (s) it saves all the criticisms. LOL now you can be sure I did it with this message.

The other forums use wonderful software allowing much more than Bravenet chooses to offer. Also, bandwidth charges are totally different. Bravenet is free with advertisements you can pay to remove.

It's apples and oranges, this is a very basic posting board with the advertisements removed via a fee. Other forums that use state of the art software offer those options built into the software and can be pricey to run.

Bravenet can be customized but not to the point the other forums are.

Here are the Bravenet additional options

Customizable DesignCustomize your Message Forum or choose from our professionally designed templates.

Password ProtectionPrompt users for a password to restrict access to your Message Forum.

Ip BanningControl who can post in your Message Forum and who cannot.

Add SmilesAdd over 600 smilies to your Message Forum entries.

Allow ImagesAllow visitors to post their own images and HTML.

Page LayoutsChoose from a threaded or board style display.
Comprehensive StatisticsView usage statistics..

Easy InstallationSimply copy and paste our code onto your webpage and your Message Forum is ready for use!

Anyone can sign up for a free Bravenet forum .

Re: Re: Re: Question about the forum

Lotsa use can't speel or tipe for nuffin. Cheit hapins Keep up the humor!

Re: My problem is.......

My brain goes hurrier than my hands and....these blasted acryllic nails! Dang, I can't type a single post that I don't goof up somewhere in it! So.... please forgive when I do.

Yeah, my nails give me that problem also!

"fur nuttin"

I've done the same with the copy/paste to e-mail to spell check!!

I type slowly and spell terribly!!!

and that's on a good day