Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Optigen

Has anyone heard of Optigen offering reduced fees for checking the offspring from two normal parents? I heard it was and I looked but didn't see where it says so.
TIA

Re: Optigen

I'm no expert on it, but no, I hadn't heard that one. A while back there might have been something like that for offspring of two AFFECTED parents and I do recall a deal for "cerf" diagnosed cases of PRA.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help. Maybe others will still be able to help you.

Re: Re: Optigen

From the OptiGen-site, written by Sue Pearce-Kelling.

"In appreciation, OptiGen would like to announce a new option that will be available to our loyal customers starting January 2008. Because many of you have taken PRA testing seriously from the start, you now have Normal dogs being mated to Normal dogs. And you would still like to have these offspring OptiGen certified as Normal. To give a cost-effective option, OptiGen will reduce by half the test price for all offspring from OptiGen-Normal x OptiGen-Normal matings. We now are making the necessary changes to our procedures so we can verify OptiGen tested “Normal” results on sires and dams and give you a discount on testing their offspring of any age. The exact starting date will be posted on our website as soon as possible."

Re: Optigen

Thank you Anki for that response. I think many breeders will take advantage of this new option.
I'm looking forward to it.

Re: Re: Optigen

Yes, thanks Anki, someone emailed to our list that exerpt from the Optigen site overnight and I was just coming back to this site to add it to this thread, so thanks!!!