Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mandatory Spay and Neuter in Palm Beach County

I live in Palm Beach, Florida the county is planning on a mandatory spay and neuter of all dogs I need help spreading the word and any ideas how to combat the issue. Below is an email I sent out to all the Dog Clubs both All Breed and Specialty to get the word out any other suggestions are appreciated.

Click here: http://www.pbcgov.com/pubInf/Agenda/20071023/200pm.pdf

Hello, for those of you who dont recognize my email address, my name is Barbara and I breed and show Labrador Retrievers and live in the Palm Beach area

Please visit the link above , it is from the agenda in Palm Beach County on October 23rd 2007. If we the responsible breeder do not stand up and say something this will only be the first county with a mandatory spay and neuter
I know many of you do not live in this area but we do need to protect the state as a whole as the Hobby Breeder, who does participate in activities with our dogs other then just reproducing. If passed the BYB will certainly gain ground and innocent pet people will be the ones who suffer because those are the breeders whose puppies are found at animal control.Below are the email addresses of the Palm Beach County Commissioners who need to hear from us. If anyone has any advice or opinions for those of us in Palm Beach County on ways to suggest strongly that a mandatory spay or neuter is not the answer to pet overcrowding I would gladly listen. I know there are some great emails and other courses of action that have been used in other areas to help with similar battles so any suggestions are appreciated.
Barbara

Agreene@co.palm-beach.fl.us
jkoons@co.palm-beach.fl.us
KMARCUS@co.palm-beach.fl.us
BKANJIAN@co.palm-beach.fl.us
MMCCARTY@co.palm-beach.fl.us
BAARONSO@co.palm-beach.fl.us
jsantama@co.palm-beach.fl.us
public@co.palm-beach.fl.us