Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what's the big deal

I was at a friends 3 wks ago, no mention of puppies due. Yesterday he writes that they have a litter just arrived are they ashamed, assumed I already knew? why not talk about it when I was there? There were pleanty of opportunities as we discussed breedings, whelpings etc when I was there?

I am an open book and guess it surprises me that others aren't

Re: what's the big deal

and why are you posting this?

Re: Re: what's the big deal - TROLL ALERT

Guess I was being to sensitive and it means nothing.

I posted wondering if it anyone else would be surprised in this situation

We sent congratulations and will move on.

Some friend. Maybe the friend really doesn't like you after all.

I have had litters that were not "announced" to anyone, and I know of other breeders who have done the same. Situations could be one of the following:
The bitch has had whelping issues before and you simply want to make sure everything is ok before you tell.
You are going to run on the entire litter.
Other things are going on in your life that have overshadowed the breeding.
I would take the high road and believe that there probably was no ill will at all. Even the best of us are not perfect.

Re: Re: what's the big deal

Maybe three weeks ago they weren't sure if she was pregnant?? Sometimes people don't want to talk about breedings they've done in case they jinx it.

Maybe they were afraid you would want a pup, and they don't want you to have one.

Shame on the nasty comments.

I would ask them why they didn't tell you. They might have a legitimate reason.

Speak to them, not the nasties on here.

Re: Re: what's the big deal

Im sure these are just possible senarios as the original poster seemed to want possible senarios. This list can go on and on

Maybe the breeder didnt want to announce their litter before its on the ground. That way if something happened and the litter didnt make it, they wouldnt have to be explaining to everyone what happened and have to relive it.

I also wonder why this was even brought up on a public forum. Everyone has their reasons to keep their business to themselves... maybe the litter had a full waiting list and didn't need to advertise, maybe they wanted to keep their life more private due to a stalker, maybe they didn't have time to post it on the site, maybe they expected whelping issues and were afraid to post until the litter was on the ground. No matter the reason, there are tons of maybes out there and the best source for info, instead of posting your personal issue on a public forum, would be just ask your 'friend'. OR you can take the approach that we used to say in grade school MYOB.