Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snap on/off tags

Murph's collar gets real stinky after playing, swimming, and well, just being the Murph. I have a couple of collars that I interchange when one is in the wash, but I hate the wire ring that hold his ID tags. Can someone reccomend a secure ring that will snap on an off with out cutting my fingers or using pliers? Thanks in advance. ~Maria

Re: Snap on/off tags

How about the Tag-It?

A bunch of retailers have slide on tags - pretty easy on and off, look good, don't dangle, and are less likely to be lost in the yard (we've lost a few tags that way). I think Drs. Foster & Smith have them, Lion Country Supply, and a few others. I use a name plate riveted on to leather collars now, but that won't help you.

We have a client in our store who changes her dog's collar every month...she uses this little brass thing that is shaped like the letter "D" and the straight side has a screw-on closure....it is attractive and functional. It looks like it was made for a key ring. The tag-it's listed above can come apart pretty easily.

Those keychain screw-on things also come apart very easily. Someone I know lost a very expensive dog tag because of it. The Tag-Its have a click buckle similar to dog collars.

Re: Re: Snap on/off tags

I actually only put their collar w/tags on when they go somewhere where it's important to have their tags. For general walks, hanging in the house, playing, going to the river, etc, they wear other collars without tags.

Re: Re: Re: Snap on/off tags

I have seen some neat key ring that fasten in different ways. Some are very hard to get on and off. Mine just where tags when we travel. Even with Micro chips I like to have something else.