Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone use the new AKC microchips yet?

feedback??? I was thinking of changing to them, but was wondering about other's experiences.

Re: Anyone use the new AKC microchips yet?

Wow! I didn't realize you had to buy at least 20 at a time!

Re: Anyone use the new AKC microchips yet?

You might be interested in this warning from Avid: click here for alert

Granted, they're the competition, but I want commonly used scanners to be able to read the chips in my dogs.

Dian

Re: Re: Anyone use the new AKC microchips yet?

We buy home again and then register them with the AKC CAR, Canine Animal Recovery system. Havent had any trouble yet...

Jen

I have used Home Again since it 1st came out and
have all the dogs (labs, Sussex, Eskie) as well as our Tortoise done. At this point I am not planning on any changes as I too want a chip that can be universally scanned. In fact, if my new Sussex isn't with Home Again when she comes home in a couple of weeks I will have her done as well.

Doris
and the Ladies and Gent of Godiva

I purchased the new AKC Scanner in April of this year. It was supose to read their chip as well as Homeagain and Avid. Well it do NOT. Then it would only read their chip sometimes. So I sent it back for different reader. The next reader did the same thing. Soooooooo
I purchased the homeagain reader which works wonderful on both chips and I purchase the Avid chips because they are cheaper and you can buy 5 at a time.