Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
loose puppy poops...

tried albon, but it is not working. Pups are almost five weeks old. suggestions? maybe feeding too much? tried probiotics too. they also had strongid last week prophylatically.

?????

Re: loose puppy poops...

What kind of food are you feeding them?

My last litter I started out feeding them Wellness Puppy. It's a good food, but it was too rich for them. Their loose poops was more than a little loose.
After 1 day of a new food, they firmed up nice.

Donna

Re: Re: loose puppy poops...

what are you feeding? I was thinking about food. They are getting California Natural Chicken Puppy food. 26% protein, 16% fat.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

What kind of food are you feeding them?

My last litter I started out feeding them Wellness Puppy. It's a good food, but it was too rich for them. Their loose poops was more than a little loose.
After 1 day of a new food, they firmed up nice.

Donna

Re: Re: Re: loose puppy poops...

My last litter was 15 mos. ago.
So I've had to think a bit (it's that age thing) and I just remembered....I switched them from Wellness to
Chicken Soup puppy. They did real well on that. Like I said, after the second meal the poops firmed up good.

Donna

100% pumpkin from a can added to their kibble = "firm" poops!!!!!

Pupmkin firm poops yes, but be careful it doesn't constipate too.

My litter was still nursing at the time but pumpkin given to Mom for loose stool constipated the pups.

You may want to take in a stool sample to be checked.

PS: Calif. Nat. is an excellent food with few ingredients. I'm not sure that would be causing your problem. I would say no.

Re: Re: loose puppy poops...

Yes you could take a stool sample in.

I did, and it came back negative. That's when I

immediately changed foods.

Donna

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Pupmkin firm poops yes, but be careful it doesn't constipate too.

My litter was still nursing at the time but pumpkin given to Mom for loose stool constipated the pups.

You may want to take in a stool sample to be checked.