Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Gnome Report

Just when we thougt it was safe - afterall, Potomac is 6 months away, here is a gnome report - 75 Stolen Gnomes Found in Oregon .

Re: A Gnome Report

Re: A Gnome Report - what someone did to us!

Nope they didn't steal my gnomes! But being a school teacher, I have been teepeed, paint-balled, egged, packing peanuted, and had all sorts of practical and not so practical jokes played on me.

But the best ever was being "polka-dotted". We went out of town for the weekend. Sunday night when we drove into the driveway and our headlights hit the house it was "polka-dotted." Some of my students had bought thousands of paper plates and spent 2 days taping them to all the sides of my house. It was pretty impressive!

Back to Gnomes, I also thought the first person who kidnapped a gnome years ago, kept him for 2 years, took him all over the world and photgraphed him at famous sites, then returned him with a scrapbook, was a pretty clever person!

I don't own a gnome, but if I did and someone stole it, I think I would be okay with that. Just don't touch me labs!

Valerie

Re: A Gnome Report

That's right, those people are NOT safe in Oregon! It's all a ploy to make us think they were stolen, or kidnapped. They are just playing with us since they are having their annual convention there. They tried to make it to the Nationals, but weren't able to find their rides in time. So now that they missed that event, they will be meeting and discussing their plans to make it back out to the Potomac!

Re: Re: A Gnome Report - what someone did to us!

LMAO...you have some clever students!.....at least it was paper plates and not something permanent...I'm guessing it must be high school as life with teens is always an adventure
Lisa