Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nature's Variety Food

Anyone use Nature's Variety? I spoke to an Agility person, and she recommends. She feeds her Aussies the dry formula and supplements with the frozen raw patties and swears coats are best yet. Even through the summer.

Re: Nature's Variety Food

Loved it. Don't use it now 'cause I can't get it.

Sue

Re: Re: Nature's Variety Food

Love it so much I got a job with them. Email me if you want a coupon mailed to you. My dogs are thriving on it. Great coats, great poops. What else can you ask for?

I've used Nature's Variety for over a year now. I switched from Back to Basics, another great food. I love the food (Prairie). I also rotate with the freeze dried raw and crumble on food, canned, and frozen raw medallions and patties. Coats have been great and I've been able to feed the same amount (from 2-4 cups/day depending on the dog or bitch).

Personally, I prefer the lamb and oatmeal best and find the pigment on my yellows to be the best on the lamb. I've tried the beef, salmon and venison and like the venison as well-I don't care for the beef or salmon as well-more due to the grains used vs the protein source. The freeze dried raw is fantastic for dog show bait--doesn't go bad, doesn't crumble, etc.

I also supplement with Nupro Joint Support and liquid salmon oil.

Re: Re: Nature's Variety Food

yes I use the salmon /brown rice on my show dogs.
and the canned prairie on young pups.

I feed the Instinct Chicken formula since May of 07. My girls and 4 other pups from last litter are on it and doing great.

You will feed less of this food so the cost comes out the same as foods with grain.

I love Nature's Variety. I feed Raw Instint Chicken and the Lamb and Oatmeal formula. The coats are great. I've never had a summer coat on one of my bitches like I had this summer after she had been on this food...AWESOME!

I feed this food and love the results I am getting. I finally have everyone on the same food!! The company says the 4 varieties (chicken, salmon, venison and lamb) can be freely rotated. I rotated my crew from the salmon to the chicken when I put my young pups on it (the chicken has the lowest calcium %) and they had no ill effects even though they were not gradually switched. Everyone has nice, firm stool too.

The owner of the feed store where I buy it told me that the grains are grown here in the U.S. and NOT imported. A HUGE plus for me.

Additionally, they do have a breeder program. Buy 10 bags and get 1 free.