Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Breeder Judges

I just received my new AKC Gazette. For all the clubs that are looking for new breeder judges -there are TWO Labrador Breeders who've had their judges applications accepted. Maybe we can see somebody new and different at the specialties next year.

Re: New Breeder Judges

Sooooooooooooooo

Who are they

Re: Re: New Breeder Judges

Judy Heim - Hyspire
Jo Fleming - Blackwater

Re: Re: Re: New Breeder Judges

Congrats to Jo and Judy Always nice to have breeder judges to show to!
Sheila

Jo Fleming (Blackwater) and Judy Heim (Hyspire). Also, Marion Lyons is listed as approved on a provisional basis for four additional Sporting breeds. Perhaps if more breeder judges follow that path the quality of Labrador judging at all-breed shows will improve. 'Nuff said.

Perhaps if more breeder judges follow that path the quality of Labrador judging at all-breed shows will improve.

Indeed. I would LOVE to have breeder judges at our all-breed show, but since so few do only one breed, it's extremely tough to get past the Board. I'd like to drastically improve our club entry, but I can only use judges who can judge the whole group (or most of it).

If the clubs get breeder judges though, the entries will come. You have to be adamant about it. Look at North Conway, NH shows and of course Jersey Skylands. The clubs up here in New England for the rest of the year have a majority of breeder judges in their panels. Its nice to see!!

Jen

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Breeder Judges

Yep. But those are supported entries following specialties. And we don't have a lab club in CT to support our entry following a specialty .

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Breeder Judges

In Ca we found that we could raise the entry of Labs at a show from around 20 to 100 by getting the club to hire a breeder judge. It was important to spread the word around because a lot of times breeders didnot even realize a breeder judge had been hired but once they started getting used to certain all breed clubs hiring breeder judges they would make sure to always check the premiums on those particular shows to see which breeder judge had been hired this year!!! People would start to expect that show to pull a major and they would enter.
Also a club can support a show even if it is no being held right after their specialty and all it requires is providing a few trophies for hte show such as WD,WB, BOW, BOB, BOS. Often there are trophies left over from the specialty that can be used at these supported shows.
Judy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Breeder Judges

WooHoo! How fun is going to be to watch these two ladies judge? Can't wait!

Congrats on your status ladies.

Valerie - Bibsmom

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Breeder Judges

Yeah! And the best part is that none of their dogs will be there to compete against ours!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Breeder Judges

'breeder' that is one of the worst statements I have seen on here.

If your dogs can't make it on their own merit then they won't do it without the judge's dogs there. I think every breeder and breeder judge would take offense to your statement but it comes from your insecurity apparently. That was plain old rude and not funny!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Yeah! And the best part is that none of their dogs will be there to compete against ours!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Breeder Judges

Oh, sheesh. It was a joke. Don't have a fit. If I know Judy, even she would not get freaked by this. She has a great sense of humor. Yours needs work.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Breeder Judges

The breeder judges are not only Judy and I also know her and Jo. There are other breeder judges out there as well. If you're joking the haha icons don't cut it, say "Just Kidding."

I also have a good sense of humor, I don't understand yours I guess and didn't have a fit. I was shocked at the response.

Congrats to Judy and Jo, looking forward to seeing you both judging.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Breeder Judges

Oh this is too funny! But maybe not, because you didn't say "just kidding", so I guess it isn't funny?? I guess you need "Applause" cue cards at a show to tell you when to clap?? (Just kidding!, no wait, no, I wasn't kidding-yes I was! Just kidding!) The sarcastic, and apparently unfunny(because I forgot to tell you it was supposed to be funny)statement was not directed at all breeder judges. My goodness, you do have an imagination! (Just kidding....oh wait, maybe you do have an imagination, so not just kidding?)Also, you used the smiley icon at the end. Is that enough for us to know you are really smiling, or should you label it "Just smiling?" JUST KIDDING!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Breeder Judges

The shows in New England in January are not a supported entry, they went from 20 to over a 100 by bringing in Lab Judges!!

Congratulations to Jo and Judy It will be nice to see 2 more breeder judges out there. Wonderful!!

To Breeder: I took that as both a good natured joke and a compliment to the competiveness of our dogs. To Shocked- I understand and appreciate why you jumped on that as I think we are all a little gunshy on this forum sometimes since on occassion people are not so nice, but I do think 'Breeder' was just joking. It is hard with email sometimes though because we cannot hear the inflection of someone's voice and we do know people can get a big spiteful on here sometimes. But, water under the bridge....
Judy

Tom and Gail Shearer - Bonaventure Labradors also have been currently approved for judging too....

Congrats to all......