Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HDLRC Results

I know early on the west coast, but, any news??

Re: HDLRC Results

Here are the sweepstakes results:

Best in Sweepstakes:

Decoy's Calif Dreamin'
(Ch Decoys Daydream Believer x Decoys Crystal)
Owners Kay Bazurto and Judy Davis

Best of Opposite:

Dalwater's Dream Weaver:
(Ch Sureshot Hyspire Impressive x Dalwater's Bella Sera)
Owners Lisa C. Allen and Dianne Mullikin

Best in Veteran's Sweepstakes:

Ch. Sureshot Baloo
(Hyspire Biscotti x SureShot's Michelle)
Owner Susan Eberhardt

Best of Opposite:

Rycroft's Truly Remarquable
(Ch Shadow Hills Smart Remarque x Mellowoods Baily Ann Gold)
Owner Dianne Mullikin

A big thanks to "Grandma" Vonnie Russell for showing Dutch to Best of Opposite as my little chocolate girl won her sweeps class too and I opted to stay on her.

So far the weather has been just lovely. We've finished with a delicious lunch and winner's dog and winner's bitch shall be coming up soon.

Dianne

Thank you Dianne.

As soon as you can please more results.

To all the winners. Dianne, is Dutch the littermate to your boy Bonus? How did he do? Nice to see your chocolate and Truly do well. And thanks for updating the forum!

Re: Re: HDLRC Results

Congratulations to all the Winners!

But who are the winners??

Dianne, where are you with the results?

Sorry was busy showing for awhile and then visiting with friends. I am at dinner now with friends and do not have the catalog, but for a preliminary results:

WD, BOW, BOB, Best BBE, Hyspire Shahili Hotter Than Blazes. This finishes him. I know I got the name wrong, but I think it is at least close LOL

WB/BOW was Frankie, Hyspire It Had To Be You.

Best Veteran was my old gal, Rycroft's Truly Remarquable. She got a very nice dog bed to sleep on so she is very happy now. Although the toy she won for best opp in sweeps did not leave her mouth for some time! She loved it too!

Dianne

Congratulations to Judy Davis for her BISweeps
To Diane Mulliken and the Breeder Robin McBain for their BOSweeps
Congratulations to my daughter Marlynne who is the co-breeder and the one who really came up with this breeding for her girl Ch. HySpire Pipin Hot (who she finished herself) and produced new champion Ch. HySpire Shahli Hotter Than Blazes. (Travis x Hotsy)
Congratulations to Sandy Ramsey who did not breed NEW Champion HySpire It Had To Be You (Travis x Tilly) but she is the one who raised her, trained her, named her and showed her to many of her wins.Thanks Sandy, we couldn't have done it without you.
OH and I guess I'd better Congratulate Vonnie for showing these dogs for their finals points- good job.
J.

Re: Re: Re: HDLRC Results

Congrats to all!!!!! Yes it is a great weekend for new cha cha's!!!!!

Jen

I have to thank Vonnie Lisa and Judy for intrusting Frankie to me and co-owning her with me. I couldn't ask for better mentors and friends. Thank you Vonnie for showing her for me this weekend and picking up the slack these last few months while I have been on hiatus. Thank you ladies and congratulations on Blaze's win too!!!

Thanks Judy, BOSweeps was actually bred by Robin and Lisa Allen. His black sister that Lisa kept also had a great day by going 3rd in her sweeps class and 2nd to my choc girl in the regular class. That was a very nice litter for Robin and Lisa!

Congrats again to Vonnie for handling WD and WB! I was joking to her in the Breed ring about what a great day she was having and whatever she showed won! LOL She graciously offered to help me show a pup in the sweeps so I let her take the yellow boy back in and he was BOSweeps. I then had another conflict with Veteran's sweeps and 6-9 puppy bitches, so Vonnie showed my chocolate girl in that class and WON that class too! I heard a few, "So who's Hyspire's new chocolate girl????" around the ringside so if anyone inquires she's MINE.

Congrats again to all winner's! And thanks! We had a FANTASTIC day!

Dianne

Do you think that a dog or bitch can win only because they are handle by the old timers or well known judge/breeders? I won't say names, but I have seen beautifull dogs or bitches in the ring, better than the ones that win, only they are not handle by the well known, famous judge/breeders.
Do they pay favors to each other, may be next show, the breeder/judge will be showing her/his dogs to the breeder/judge that won and so on and so on.
This is done in Europe, but now that I am living in the US to learn english, I have seen the same. And I think is perfectly normal. Just, it has to be very hard to win for the new ones.

Congrats Dianne and Blue(winning both her puppy bitch classes), her daddy (Baja Weikenlin Moonking) "Moon" and I are so very proud and excited !!!!!!
How about a repeat today.....Chris

Congratulations Sandy. LLNS

We miss you elsewhere. :)

I think you forgot to thank the person who bred that chocolate girl. You didn't.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks Judy, BOSweeps was actually bred by Robin and Lisa Allen. His black sister that Lisa kept also had a great day by going 3rd in her sweeps class and 2nd to my choc girl in the regular class. That was a very nice litter for Robin and Lisa!

Congrats again to Vonnie for handling WD and WB! I was joking to her in the Breed ring about what a great day she was having and whatever she showed won! LOL She graciously offered to help me show a pup in the sweeps so I let her take the yellow boy back in and he was BOSweeps. I then had another conflict with Veteran's sweeps and 6-9 puppy bitches, so Vonnie showed my chocolate girl in that class and WON that class too! I heard a few, "So who's Hyspire's new chocolate girl????" around the ringside so if anyone inquires she's MINE.

Congrats again to all winner's! And thanks! We had a FANTASTIC day!

Dianne

I agree with the Spaniard.

Just and example back there:

"I was joking to her in the Breed ring about what a great day she was having and WHATEVER she showed WON! Lol SHE graciously OFFERED to help ME SHOW A PUP in the sweeps so I let her take the yellow boy back in AND HE WAS BOSWEEPS"

So, who won?, the dogs or the handler. That simple.

Remember, some people just handle dogs better than others.

Many times a beautiful dog can look horrible just because of who's handling him. The right combination (good dog, good handler) is often all that is needed for a dog to succeed in the ring.

I have to laugh at those who are being negative here as it just shows what sour grapes people can be!!! I have developed such thick skin over the years that this type of "trash" talk just makes me laugh and then feel sorry for those who aren't at the show doing well or just plaing enjoying the friendship and kind company of fellow exibitors.

As for me "forgetting" to thank the breeder of my chocolate girl, it was NOT even an official brag. I was 1) brain dead from spending a day at the show with no sleep and then 2)was going to wait until we were finished showing so I could postan OFFICIAL BRAG OF ALL of our wins from an exciting weekend and then thank her breeder as well as snnounce her name and parents! LMAO. I was merely thanking Vonnie for her kindness in offering her assistance as a very skilled handler when I had some class conflicts. FWIW, I had already WON 1st place with each dog in their respective classes and just needed someone to take one of them back in. Vonnie was the first to offer! I also posted "jokingly" that she was having a great day and that she had the magic touch. I too was having a great and still am having a great day. All the dogs that I have shown have won their classes so far. Does that mean I am using political pull or paying off judges?? I have to laugh my ass off at that one!!! I do know how to show a dog. I do have good dogs to show. THAT IS WHY I AM WINNING! DUH. Simply equation for all you who are sour grapes, good handling + good dogs=winner! Simple as that.

So to answer the question as to why the best dog doesn't always win? This is a legitimate question. Presentation is VERY VERY important. Yes a good dog can be made to look bad or not shown to it's best advantage may be overlooked. A judge only has so long to evaluate each dog and if the dog is standing in a hole, is throaty looking, looking up too high-ruining the topline/front, leaning back, over stretched, etc. etc it will not be easy to see it best qualities. Labradors look best when they are full of animation with their tail wagging and well up over their front legs. It really takes a skilled/experience handler to be able to bring out the best in the dog they are showing and more importantly knowing the faults and strengths of each dog and show them accordlingly. Each dog is different so it takes different strategies to show those dogs. I think this is why so many newcomers become discouraged too quickly or begin to call foul or say showing is all political and that is because they cannot present a dog well enough to win to satisfy their needs.

AND YES CHRIS WE REPEATED TODAY!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. Chris is a good friend of mine and she already knows how much she and Blue mean to me! However, I will post a special brag and thank you in a separate brag when we are finished for the day.

Alright now, back to the show!!!

Dianne

I was at the show yesterday, and the winners bitch, who won her class before, don't take me wrong she is very pretty, but she wasn't, by far, the best bitch in her class and neither going for the winners bitch.
Maybe some names have a certain weight with the judges.

Get your judging license before you say anything else.

LOL, Oh get over it! Frankie is a lovely and very deserving bitch! Yes there are many other lovely and deserving bitches there as well and I don't envy the judges to have to narrow it down to just one. But Frankie was presented subperbly and perhaps that made the difference or just something else about her appealed to the judge. Whatever the reason, she was the winner and that finished her championship! It would appear that other judges liked her as well and have rewarded her qualities in the past. Yes we all have our preferences, but the person wearing the badge that says "Judge" is the one who has the official say on that day. LOL

Ok really back to the show now.

Dianne

Observer:

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and obviously you weren't the "beholder". So sorry.

Congratulations to all of the people that did so well. So happy for you, Sandy and everyone associated with Frankie. One of my favorite girls! It is about time!

Congratulations to all of you!

Sandy! I am so *thrilled* for you and Frankie's new "CH". It is so well deserved and you have done a fantastic job with her. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Enjoy the view from the clouds ladies!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: HDLRC Results

Congrats Sandy!!! I am sooo happy for you! Miss you!