Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Show Labrador Stolen!!!!

In Puerto Rico today 10th November `
Summer Storm Al Pacino (Bobby) much loved and Brazil´s No. 1 Lab was stolen just outside the exhibition centre! Puerto Rican police and canine police are doing all they can to help. If anyone happens to hear, even the smallest comment, would they please get in touch. Bobby´s owners, Renata and Roberto Rodrigues are devastated.
thanks. Romy

Re: Show Labrador Stolen!!!!

Oh that is terrible news. Can you let us know what happen and how it happened. I surely hope they find the dog.

OMG I'd be going out of my mind - as I'm sure they are.

Prayers there sweet boy gets home safe.

Re: Re: Show Labrador Stolen!!!!

I will let you know what happens We are pretty stunned - grateful for the support

Thank you Patty. Much appreciated - R

How absolutely HORRIFIC!
I so hope that Bobby gets returned safe soon.
I am so sorry and sending prayers too.

"All I can say is that you folks that are looking for a break and are really sincere, somebody will come along that will trust you and work with you."

Nicely put. It can happen. I had no contact in the Lab world, but really wanted to get involved in conformation. I owned Labs for most of the past 30 or so years. I was fortunate enough to get two pups on a full registration from two different breeders that knew nothing about me, other than what took place during phone calls between ourselves.

Now can everybody ELSE just get along.

Any news? How did it happen? I can hardly imagine why someone would steal such a dog without thinking of very complicated plans for theft and fraud.

We are not absolutely sure how it happened! he was returning to the exhibition centre after winning breed the previous day. Roberto is so down he didn´t even go into his hotel room all night because Bobby´s toys were there. He is the only brazilian exhibitor there so feeling quite alone, although the KC and police are doing all they can. your point about this being planned is something we have all thought of! what a world! thanks for your concern - Romy

Re: Re: Re: Show Labrador Stolen!!!!

all is terrible to think about. what i would do is as much publicity as possible and immediately and non stop. a foto of the dog on a front page for everyone to see, also the tv if only possible.

i have been dealing with our lost/found cases and also the stolen ones, and publicity is important. pictures everywhere assistants could help, a page done which can be e-mailed to lab people to send forward and put up for all to see.

alos the pounds, as the thief might leave it there, for no reason, if it seems to obvious that he/she will get caught.

anyone with ideas and means to get this known as widely as possible, please.
we at big foot labradors keep thinking what to do.
hugs
ritva

Re: Re: Re: Re: Show Labrador Stolen!!!!

I think that that the "word" is out. There is a article in our paper today about it. I am in Ohio, so word has spread!

I spoke with the family and the dog was in a car which was stolen in San Juan. If you know this man, he does not let his dogs out of his sight. I am waiting to hear from Roberto, the owner. I do not know any more details other than it was probably not the dog they were after, he just happened to be in the car. The car was rented as Roberto is just visiting for the shows, the dog is from Brazil. I am terribly upset for Roberto and his family. This dog is the son of his foundation and is the most winning Lab of all time, surpassing even his father. It is a great upset for everyone. If you can, please pray.

http://tinyurl.com/2woohm

He left the car running with the dog inside in front of the hotel. How many of us have done that? There should be security video...

Here is a link of an article. We are all waiting for news.
http://www.prwow.com/news/eng/news_detail.php?nt_id=15372&ct_id=1

Sorry my bad english...

I return for show in Saturday morning (8:37 am), and BOB stay inside the car.

I Stop the car in FRONT THE HOTEL NORMANDIE, place of show, and for my surprise... one man show me a gun and stolen a car and BOB INSIDE.

No videos cam, car not tracking.

At this moment no news (Sunday 23:00)

I stay in puerto rico more 3, 4 ,5 or more days, if necessary for recover my best friend.

Thank you for your prayers.

Roberto Rodrigues and Renata.

" He left the car running with the dog inside in front of the hotel. How many of us have done that? There should be security video..."

1 - I dont LEFT THE CAR...
2 - STOLEN a car, a GUN SHOW ME..., I RESIST, running follow the car, screming FOR LOVED A GOD.

Please no more messages this type and question, respect my pain.

Roberto

I will be praying for his safe return.

Roberto
I am praying that these people really wanted your car and not your dog and that you find him safe and well really soon.
I am so sorry. I know if it was me I would be absolutely destroyed.

Roberto, you misunderstood. Or more likely I was not very clear. I was saying that we've all done that at one point or another. We leave our cars wide open in parking lots with our beloved family members inside. So scary. It could happen to any of us. The hotel had no security video? How awful! I thought everyone had security video these days. I pray for the safe return of your boy.

Re: Re: Re: Show Labrador Stolen!!!!

Rob, I'm really sorry for all that's happened, specially because there's nothing we can do back here in Brazil besides praying.

I've been praying since I received the news, hoping that Bob will return.

For those who have never met Bob, he is a delightful dog, not only a gorgeous Labrador, but true to the breed temperament. An easy-going, fun-loving guy that probably licked the face of his kidnapper.

Roberto, if there's anything else we can do here, all you have to do is ask. Your friends are all hoping that everything will end up alright.

Dear Renata and Roberto
We are destroyed with that terrible thing!
We are praying for you and BOB. And we ofer you our black dear BOB(Bobinho) ! We know he's not your BOB but it's it son! WE 'll be praying for BOB arryving!
Our best wishes and thaughts will be with you! God bless you and I'm sure São Francisco will protect BOB!!
Angela

AL PACINO, our number one labrador was cowardly dead by a cold murder! FCI should declare void this show dog and exclude Puerto Rico from the federation. MONSTERS! And ROBERTO should sue the Puerto Rico KC because they didn't provide security for the competitors!