Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
limited vs. full registration

I would NEVER repeat who told me this, but one time a breeder told me she did not like selling on full registration because "those kinds of buyers", obviously, are CHECKING clearances (read in: they find out what's going on inside that dog! hips, elbows, etc). The PET people don't (until after the guarantee runs out???). Ouch. She suspected many others felt the same as her, but no one would EVER admit it. Sounded very self-serving to me. Terrible motives. I'm Absolutely aghast, and hope there are not others out there thinking that much about themselves, and forgetting the soundness of the breed, and also the poor people who end up with a canine family member with problems.
This breeder was obviously not "confident" enough in her dogs to feel they were all "sound" and probably didn't want to be replacing more dogs than she knew she would already be replacing. Makes me sick. and sad
UGH.
I just had to post this so if anyone out there is thinking this way, maybe it will change their stinkin' thinkin' and they will move on to a different hobby/experiment.

Re: limited vs. full registration

I can't speak for the breeder who will "remain nameless" in your post. She must not do business in the Midwest! We get a lot of "educated" buyers out here who ask for and receive all but the kitchen sink in clearances and guarantees before they will plunk down $$$ for a puppy. In fact, I had one person insist there was a problem because an OFA wasn't showing up on their website (she spelled the name wrong). So, I would say we're held to a higher standard, but don't get nearly the same prices for our puppies as similar pedigrees on the east coast. That never seemed fair to me, but it is what it is...

Best,

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest

Re: limited vs. full registration

Just because there is a person in the world that is less than perfect....repeating the info is also negative. Negative + negative is more negative. And I guess I am also by adding my comments.

And what positive conversation can we have out of this thread???

I'm sure your comment will change their behavior. How arrogant.

Maybe you need to forgive them.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I would NEVER repeat who told me this, but one time a breeder told me she did not like selling on full registration because "those kinds of buyers", obviously, are CHECKING clearances (read in: they find out what's going on inside that dog! hips, elbows, etc). The PET people don't (until after the guarantee runs out???). Ouch. She suspected many others felt the same as her, but no one would EVER admit it. Sounded very self-serving to me. Terrible motives. I'm Absolutely aghast, and hope there are not others out there thinking that much about themselves, and forgetting the soundness of the breed, and also the poor people who end up with a canine family member with problems.
This breeder was obviously not "confident" enough in her dogs to feel they were all "sound" and probably didn't want to be replacing more dogs than she knew she would already be replacing. Makes me sick. and sad
UGH.
I just had to post this so if anyone out there is thinking this way, maybe it will change their stinkin' thinkin' and they will move on to a different hobby/experiment.

Re: Re: limited vs. full registration

This is when we shouldn't even reply. Someone just keeps garbage going. Sits and think of negative things.