Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The holidays are coming..

What can I buy for the labrador breeder who has everything - to thank her for all of her insight and information?

Thanks in advance.

Re: The holidays are coming..

How about a renewal to LQ or ILR?
Gift card to one of the online/mail order companies (either animal health-related or toy-related) for puppy supplies?
Something custom-embroidered (even something as simple as rags to wipe down dogs at shows)?
Wonder if you can get a coupon for show entries through one of the "local" dog show superintendents?

gift cards are hot this year. i would love this a a gift

Re: Re: The holidays are coming..

How about a Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts card? They are the gifts that keep on giving, as they can be recharged after the initial amount runs out. I have both, and they were some of the best Christmas gifts I got!

Re: Re: Re: The holidays are coming..

I think all breeders should have a remote baby tv monitor. You can get them at Walmart, Kmart or Target for $100. Great for watching how Mom is doing w/ her little ones or watching a bitch in labor w/o pestering her.

How about some really cool postage stamps with a custom picture of your co-owned dog on them? www.photostamps.com

How about you don't start bad habits or they'll be expecting Valentine Day gifts, Sweetest Day cards, etc.

Labrador jewelery or clothing that the breeder might not treat themself to. There are some artists that create beautiful items. There is also labrador art.

These are things the breeder might hesistate spending money for as it is on for themself but would greatly appreciate as a gift.

Well...with the cost of gas these days, why not a gas gift card. I know Mobile & Shell and some others sell these...they're great to keep in the van when emergencies come up and you're short of cash and out of town... Years ago, when I was going through a rough patch, a friend of mine got me a gift certificate for entries...boy, did I ever appreciate that one.

How nice of you to realize the value of all that mentorship! So many people move on from their mentor and forget to thank them for getting them started. Kudos to you.

Best,

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest

Or in the case of my bud and mentor, a digital scale for the puppers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

(sorry jokin with her)... though it's a great gift idea too!!

I've gotten my mentor:

- Embroidered customized blanket
- Had a friend who's a good artist do a pencil drawing of one of her BIS winners
- Bought a blank & wrote out a 8 generation pedigree of her foundation bitch, at least as much as I could find.
- Same year as the pedigree blank, I took her two kids overnight from noon until noon the nex day for New Year's Eve so they could go out and party for the first time in a decade :)

Re: Re: The holidays are coming..

THE FOLLOWING IS A JOKE - JUST GOOD NATURED TEASING!

To 5'9" and 115 lbs.
I hate you and I haven't even met you!
You are my worst nightmare - I'll bet you have blonde hair and big b**bs too!
aagggghh!
Valerie - Bibsmom

Know what were we talking about?

Re: Re: Re: The holidays are coming..

Oops - should say.....
"Now what were we talking about?"
Dang nails.....

How about a nice leather slip lead.

How do you know we have not met? winkwink...

5'9 115.
Must be that girl from Colorado.

These are GREAT suggestions, well done. Really liked the postage stamp idea, I love receiving mail with one these!

I wish I was 115 pounds and I am under 5ft 9in. by a couple of inchs.

That's ok,I'm really over 115lbs by a few inches!

I would make a donation to the Canine Health Foundation (or whatever canine charity they like) in their name.