Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Invisible Fence Brand collar

I'm looking for a gently used Invisible Fence collar for someone who would like to add a second dog. I am being told that these collars bought brand new, are upward toward 200.00 and the other collars with transmitters are not compatible with the brand name "Invisible Fence". Anyway if someone out there has a spare collar that they would like to sell or knows of anyplace who would sell a used one, please e-mail me privately. As a side note, she has tried E-Bay without luck.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Invisible Fence Brand collar

Go to a feed and grain store and ask for the solar system one, it has two seting and you can install it your self . Becareful. You can not put pups with any type of electric fencing. can be fatal.You have to also have a ground rod for your house.It is used for horses and it is tape your can hide it under your fence so it doesnt get destroyed if it stops working.
My personal feelings..
I worried more of maintance and safety of my dogs/pups.
I dug a foot into the ground and drop chain link fencing wrap the railroad tie one time around it. Covered the hole with concrete mixer.then covered this with dirt then gravel. I also use railroad post to hold fencing around the kennel instead of metal post.

sorry I read post wrong ,lol ,no coffee yet. hehe. Cant help with this one sorry

I have the IF system and vaguely remember the company selling used collars. Call and ask.

The new ones are expensive but they have a life time warranty now.

I have 4 collars with the transmitters and an extra power cell unused....You can email me as I no longer use them.......

Leeda,

What do you mean by power cell? Is this the invisible fence by Canine Fence Co?

Do you mean the main box that runs the system? If so I would be interested in buying that if Judy's friend only needs a collar.

I need to put a system at the family farm and just can't afford to have the company install it and want to do it myself.

email me if you would.

Re: Re: Invisible Fence Brand collar

Not Judy but I have had the Original Invisible Fence for over 20 years. The power cell is the battery.
You need a transmitor, and the receivers which are the small boxes attached to the collars, and the wire that makes the loop connected to the transmitter. The Platinum collars we have are water proof and do have a lifetime guarantee on them. It is a great system, but not cheap.