Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
News Conferanse AL PACINO BOB!

http://www.elnuevodia.com/diario/noticia/seguridad/noticias/agradecido__rodrigues_pese_al_dolor/314340

Can someone translate please?

f

Re: News Conferanse AL PACINO BOB!

I'll do my best. I apologise for any mistakes, as English is not my mother tongue.

"Although still shaken by the loss of his favorite pet and top show dog, the engineer Roberto Rodrigues thanked the huge support and simpathy received from the people of Puerto Rico the last few days, in the face of the theft and death of his award-winning Labrador Retriever, Al Pacino, also known as Bob.

As a symbolic gesture of appreciation towards the Puerto Ricans, the eletric engineer and dog breeder will take back to Brazil another dog of the same breed, bred in Puerto Rico. "He is not taking the dog we all wished he'd take, which was Bob", said Colonel Adalberto Mercado, director of the municipal guard of the capital, in a press conference yesterday at Hotel Normandie, at El Escambrón.

"But we have received more than 30 offers from breeders offering Rodrigues a Puerto Rican Labrador Retriever puppy, as a support geture."

“Pero hemos recibido más de 30 ofertas de criadores ofreciéndole a Rodrigues un cachorro Labrador Retriever puertorriqueño, como gesto de apoyo”.

Deeply upset and many times crying, the Brazilian breeder made it clear that what has happened doesn't aversely affect his opinion of the island. "It's not the people of Puerto Rico's fault, it's not the Government's fault. I will not speak badly of Puerto Rico to anyone", Rodrigues said. "15 days ago I was at a dog show in another Latin American country. Nothing happened there, but it could have happened."

"Ever since this happened, people have been showing lots of support. At the airport, at the hotel, people recognize me, stop me and hug me. It's amazing how people have been so touched by all this", he added.

Saturday night, Rodrigues says he "saw" his beloved pet, multiple dog show winner, for the first time. "I had a dream I had recovered him and I was hugging and kissing him", remembered Rodrigues, with tears on his face. "But when I woke up, I was alone. I believe he came to say goodbye."

Although Bob was not yet three years old, Rodrigues explained he left many puppies, which may continue his excellent lines in dog shows. "He doesn't have a large offspring, but saturday a litter sired by him was born, two females and two males", he said.

Rodrigues remarked that he will name one of the puppies "Bob", honoring the puppie's father."

I'll do my best. I apologise for any mistakes, as English is not my mother tongue.

"Although still shaken by the loss of his favorite pet and top show dog, the engineer Roberto Rodrigues thanked the huge support and simpathy received from the people of Puerto Rico the last few days, in the face of the theft and death of his award-winning Labrador Retriever, Al Pacino, also known as Bob.

As a symbolic gesture of appreciation towards the Puerto Ricans, the eletric engineer and dog breeder will take back to Brazil another dog of the same breed, bred in Puerto Rico. "He is not taking the dog we all wished he'd take, which was Bob", said Colonel Adalberto Mercado, director of the municipal guard of the capital, in a press conference yesterday at Hotel Normandie, at El Escambrón.

"But we have received more than 30 offers from breeders offering Rodrigues a Puerto Rican Labrador Retriever puppy, as a support gesture."

Deeply upset and many times crying, the Brazilian breeder made it clear that what has happened doesn't aversely affect his opinion of the island. "It's not the people of Puerto Rico's fault, it's not the Government's fault. I will not speak badly of Puerto Rico to anyone", Rodrigues said. "15 days ago I was at a dog show in another Latin American country. Nothing happened there, but it could have happened."

"Ever since this happened, people have been showing lots of support. At the airport, at the hotel, people recognize me, stop me and hug me. It's amazing how people have been so touched by all this", he added.

Saturday night, Rodrigues says he "saw" his beloved pet, multiple dog show winner, for the first time. "I had a dream I had recovered him and I was hugging and kissing him", remembered Rodrigues, with tears on his face. "But when I woke up, I was alone. I believe he came to say goodbye."

Although Bob was not yet three years old, Rodrigues explained he left many puppies, which may continue his excellent lines in dog shows. "He doesn't have a large offspring, but saturday a litter sired by him was born, two females and two males", he said.

Rodrigues remarked that he will name one of the puppies "Bob", honoring the puppie's father."

Thank you Deborah.

Re: Re: News Conferanse AL PACINO BOB!

What a nice gesture in all this sadness for someone to give him a puppy.
Does anyone know who the breeder was?

The breeder name is Cecilia Martines and his kennel is Southernwind Kennels.The name of the new dog is Taina and is a beautiful girl!

Re: Re: News Conferanse AL PACINO BOB!

I hope she can bring some joy to him in this hard time.
What a nice gesture.

Excellent translation, Thank you. I needed some good news.