Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanksgiving falls at the WRONG time this year!!

The post below got me laughing before I read it because I have a litter that I had planned and bred my girl, THEN I counted how many days out to see when to exactly expect the litter, and she is due on Thanksgiving(NO we aren't using turkey nicknames for the puppies) which of course I thought was the week after when I did the breeding!!!
Thanksgiving will be served on saturday this year!!!

Re: Thanksgiving falls at the WRONG time this year!!

I have a litter that is 8 weeks on Thanksgiving day! LOL!
I guess it's not so bad, a few families will have their pups for a long weekend!

Oh my, shame on you for having a litter that is ready to go to their new homes anytime around christmas... those busybodies are sure to find something wrong with you for breeding at the WRONG time of year
Aloha,
jackie

I have finished checking the holiday schedule of most major religions, Hallmark Card invented holidays and the school calendar for our public school. Unfortunately due to the date conflict and concerns about this I have told my very pregnant girl that she must suck it up and hold in the puppies due on Thanksgiving for at least another 50 days. She has always been a pleaser at all costs so I am sure that she will cooperate! Actually my husband is on my side here as he is concerned that I will stuff the puppy and whelp the turkey!!

Re: Re: Thanksgiving falls at the WRONG time this year!!

That was funny!!!!!!!!!!

whoops....my bad

Seeing as it's a Lab, I'm sure the puppy won't mind being stuffed.

I thought it was just me that did things like that. Plan a litter, do the breeding and then count the days for the due date. I have a litter due on Thanksgiving day too! LOL!!!

Too funny how many of us get "amnesia" when it comes to planning litters!!
My family thought it was bad enough that I was conveniently at a dog show for most holidays(or working-I'm a nurse) but this really does go above an beyond the call of duty to arrange for a litter to be born ON the holiday!!

I'm planned on having my litter on July 23rd, National Hot Dog Day, don't ya know.

"Stuff the puppy and whelp the turkey"

LOL! Thanks for the chuckle!

Cathy M.

A couple of years ago, I had an Easter litter. It was great to have a basket of chocolate puppies rather than chocolate bunnies (not as many calories). I think my childern did not get their Easter baskets until late that Monday. (my bad)

I then thought it would be cute to ask the buyers to give the puppies Easter names and the first buyer was Jewish so I nixed the idea.