Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Human Question revisited

I posted this a while back about our feet.
And mainly about insoles. Not knee surgery.
I just wanted to say. I did buy a pair of custom insoles.Yes they were expensive. But cheaper then surgery . I have had them for over a month. If your having hip pain and lower back pain.Where your knees are hurting I highly recommend going this way.My hip doesn't hurt and my lower back isn't nearly as bad as it was.actually rarely does it bother me. of course. The knees still kinda bother me.Mostly because of my knee caps. And I know it will take a while to help those worn out knees. But if i can refrain from total knees for a couple of years or more. I will continue with these for a while.
But I will say I can run around the ring pain free. yipppee.

I bought a real good pair of Merrills and another pair of tennies called columbian. Those are very confortable.Along with my Flax oil for stiffness which ,I don't have if i take my flax. So I highly recommend to think feet first,

Re: A Human Question revisited

Dianne
Where did you get your custom insoles? I have plantars Faccia(sp) and bad knees.........
TIA
BB

They say misery likes company, and I think it's true. Not that I am happy to hear both of you are in pain, but, happy I am not the only one falling apart.

Re: Re: A Human Question revisited

I got them through my holistic chiropractor.
He scans your feet first to see where your problem areas are.And then you can see on the computer, I was walking more on the inside of my feet /shoes. Now I'm walking where I should be more on the outside. I also have very high arches.
The insoles are called (Foot Levelers.) I'm sure if you google it, You can find a dealer. My Chiro Dr. Has been a dealer for 19 yrs.
You can also order shoes through this company with the insoles built into Sandels and shoes. Mine are removeable to switch.He also advise me to buy better shoes and what kind.
We were going to go to Good feet and others , Until I asked my chiro and he of course recommended his.And I have been very satisfied.

I am a real treat to watch run around the ring
BB

I can't function (for long, anyway) without good arch support. I love the Birkenstock insoles. They are a bit pricey (the ones I use are $60) but worth every penny.

http://catalog.birkenstockcentral.com/vc3bc/category/fc/template-a/Insoles

OMG I am such a Merrill fan now too.
Expensive but worth every penny, like walking on a cushion.

I will also mention.That I always wondered why I couldn't stand on my feet for more then 5-10 mins .
Then my lower back would start hurting/knees.That isn't the case anymore. I can stand on my feet in one place for it seems like an eternity. Maybe not that long but at least 20-30 mins. And only because now why should I.
I can at least say I spent over $200 for mine.And every penny well worth it.The scan didn't cost me.
My husband is also going in for a pair. Well worth a gift under the tree. In my opinion.
If we can both walk and stand with out much pain.

Get custom insoles from a podiatrist. If you have foot care on your insurance it may be paid for.

I can tell you that I'd be totally crippled without my prescription orthotics and quality shoes.

My knees don't hurt anymore. My feet are much better and my back isn't aching from me favoring my feet and knees.

The saying "no foot, no horse" works for us as well. With our hobby there's no way we can function without taking care of ourselves.

Re: Re: Re: A Human Question revisited

The shoes that i have found to work the best for me are Eccos. They have great arch support, good for running and my feet are not killing me at the end of the day.... I actually stretched the tendon in the arch of my foot, since then i have to buy good shoes... Love Keens, and some types of Born shoes

My absolute favorite has to be my Dansko clogs!!!!!

Jen

good shoes are the answer to bad knees
enough cushioning and proper support make my knees go from pain to just fine

i find the 2 most important things for my feet and knees (and i've had one knee scoped, have horrible arthritis in my feet, the other knee is questionable)

good shoes, with sufficient support and cushioning
and keeping the weight off, my knees will tell me sooner than my scale if i've been too far into the candy at work

barb

I just had to chime in.. I love my Merrills.
I'm on my feet lots for work and can't live without them. I just bought a new pair.. since the puppy chewed a bit of the heel off of my summer pair.

I'm going to chime in, also.
I wear z coils and I love them. I wouldn't be able to walk if I didn't wear them.
I wear regular tennis in the ring and take them off when I'm done. I really know it if I have regular
shoes on for too long.
AND FORGET ANY KIND OF HEELS!!!

Donna