Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kathy Besser-- Beshire Labradors

Dear Friends,

Our Labrador community lost a wonderful advocate, friend, and mentor. Kathy Besser passed away peacefully at her home on Wednesday evening, November 14, 2007 with Bob and Jesse at her side. Kathy was one of the founding members of the San Diego Labrador Retriever Club. Labrador Retrievers were her passion and she devoted countless hours to the SDLRC and to issues that protected the future integrity of the breed. Information regarding services will be shared when finalized. After a courageous fight against cancer, Kathy is now at peace in the arms of God.

Cards may be mailed to the following address:

Bob Besser
834 Cole Ranch Road
Olivenhain, CA 92024

Barbara Nowak, President
San Diego Labrador Retriever Club

Re: Kathy Besser-- Beshire Labradors

How sad, my thoughts are with family and friends at this time.

Re: Re: Kathy Besser-- Beshire Labradors

May the Lord bless and keep her family at this very difficult time.

Our thoughts and prayers go to Bob and family. Kathy was always so kind and sweet to Kim and I. We will miss her laugh and visits.

May God Bless...
Michael & Kimberlee

I'm so sorry to hear this, Susan. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and all of her friends.
dana

So very sorry to hear this :{, may she be in the hands of our dear LORD.
Aloha,
jackie

Sad but not unexpected information, Susan, thank you for letting us know. ;-(
Kathy WAS a fighter, having beat cancer multiple times. She was an important member of the Labrador community, always fair and expecting quality and integrity of everyone and her beloved breed. Not without a wicked sense of humor, though!
She will be very, very missed at the shows with her Starbucks cup and ringside cheer, and her skill in the whelping box will be missed in the breed as well. She was always available for advice, commiserating, or fun!
God speed my friend...I know that there are lots of dogs to play with up there in Heaven!
My condolences to Bob and Jesse.
Robin

I will miss you Kathy. May you rest in peace. You and Bob were the kindest of hosts when I stayed with you. My sympathies to Bob and Jesse.

Debbie

Just awful news! Our heartfelt sympathy to her family and friends.

Was Kathy Besser an older woman? I hope she wasn't taken young.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Kathy in person, but still regarded her as a good friend. I first got to know Kathy through working with her in the National Labrador Retriever Club when she was on the Board. Then again I got to work with her when I worked on the SDLRC website.

To have Kathy as a friend was a gift. I never remember her having a nasty word about anyone and she had a way of helping one to see both sides of any situation and the whole picture. She could always find a kind word. She was thoughtful and generous and so giving of her time. No matter what she had going on in her own life, she was always their to show concern for a friend.

Yes, she sure was a special lady and is going to be missed so much by anyone who knew her.

A great loss to her family and the Labrador Community. Our prays and thoughts are with you.