Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
outrages over animal cruelty

I am glad we have been enlightened to one place, due to a tragedy, but if you really want horror, look up dogs being raised for food, Mexico's policies on overpopulation, etc..........we do enough horrific things in the US, but search animal overpoplation control efforts around the globe and google raising dogs for food. If humans treat other humans with mass execution, maiming and elimination, imagine where an animal would stand.

There are efforts all over the world in place to attempt to stop these horrors. Please take time to do some investigating.

Thanks

Re: outrages over animal cruelty

"Please take time to do some investigating" before you sell to strangers no matter where in the world.

Re: Re: outrages over animal cruelty

just some tiny thoughts of mine.
i, as a retired finnair stewardess for 34 years, have travelled the world round and round. there are so many terrible things going on all over, which i think
one can only deal with little by little starting close at home, and information world wide, to teach better ways.
(i have thought about dogs all over the world and their destinies. humans have a small chance to manage, how ever difficult, but dogs are depending on us)

in finland we have a very good system done to assist our lost/found dogs. one web page where all are collected + information what to do. voluntary people assist, and we had a great success as an italian rescue labrador bitch was flown to finland, all ok, but as the new owner, a friend of the lady who sent the dog to finland from milan, as she drove home, her care had an accident on slippery road, and rescue dog got loose into finnish snowy woods.

2 days later with search assistance the rescue labrador was found and taken to the vet for a checkup and some medication for cold, all ended well, and some friends had a grill where they prepared food, and the labrador found them and the food.

this is just a tiny thing, but all in right direction, small steps. we have no pet shops selling puppies, no actual strays, only some lost, now some stolen dogs. most of our dogs are registerd with our kennel club and micro chipped with kennel club having all info.

just some thoughts. its good to know, but cannot be changed in a second.

wishing you all a lovely weekend with your labs. i was so sad with bob´s destiny, i tried to contact local authorities but all given e-mails were nothing worth.
ritva