Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Scam

Below is another money scam being sent to individuals and posted on lists trying to play on people's emotions. It is basically the same ad (with names changed) that was circulated and sent out with the exact same photo's awhile back. I have also attached the response message they send out to people. Just something to look out for in case they try and do this with our breed, although they are sending this particular one to breeders of all breeds and posting on some lists.

First Message
Hi,

I am looking to place a litter of 5 adorable bulldog puppies and also the parents, they belong to my late mother in law who I was really close to and she passed away unexpectedly, she is so much in love with the bulldog breed, that she breeds only once a year for the love of the breed. My husband and I recently moved to a new apartment where pets are not allowed. I want to find these lovely puppies and the adults a permanent loving and caring homes, if you are interested in having them, please contact me immediately.

Have a nice day.

Jessica

Response Message
Hi!....Thank you for emailing and showing interest in my babies. I need help in placing both adults and puppies into a responsible caring and loving homes. My mother in laws death was unexpected, she left no instructions on ground, I am not selling the puppies and adults, I am only interested in finding them good homes, I am not familiar with raising puppies. Am asking for $200 each to cover for the vet expense made and you can have them if you can pay for shipping to get them across to you. Puppies are 12 weeks old and they come with complete shots and worming. I am located in thailand and looking to place them abroad as asia is the worst place to surrender a dog, they eat dog meat here as a special delicacy, i don't want these babies to end up in a pot of soup, hence I contacted you. Puppies are FCI registered and they are transferable to AKC. The parents of these puppies are very social with a wonderful personality, they are good with people and other dogs. Please find below pictures of puppies and adults..Looking forward to hearing from you,Have a nice day..Jessica

Scam Message circulated not long ago with the EXACT same photo's.
Hello,

My name is celine a single mother of 2 besutiful kids (Sarah & Joe),my grandmother who I was really close to passed away recently and left behind a male and a female english bulldog, the female bulldog had a litter of 6 puppies through c-section for the very first time and they are so cute ,am looking to place both adult and puppies into a forever loving homes.

If you're interested in having them, please contact me immediately.

Have a nice day.

Celine.

Re: Another Scam

Do you find that these e-mails mostly come from Yahoo? I always look up the message source on scam e-mails and nine times out of ten it is from a Yahoo address.

You need to check the Internet Provider No. not the address it came from. The senders' address may appear to come from Yahoo, Hotmail or any free email service. The only way to be sure would be to check the 'IP' number. This is one way to check it. http://www.mytoolpad.com/open/whoisview/#screen

I have seen alot Spam or Scams come from different parts of Asia although they appear to come from Yahoo. Also, if it has .ru or .ca at the end of the Yahoo email address they might; for example, be from Russia (ru) or Canada (ca) . The only sure way to know where it came from is to check the Internet Provider (IP) number.

I do delete the scam emails immediately without checking but have checked on what appear to be legitimate puppy requests to be sure the possible buyer is true to their word. Why waste time on a possible scam. Returning the email, hitting reply will also tell you if the person exisits. If your email bounces back you know rightaway. Most of these scams come from our websites, a good reason to keep a seperate email address for your website then your personal email. You will receive less spam if your email address is not on website.

*I do delete the scam emails immediately without checking but have checked on what appear to be legitimate puppy requests to be sure the possible buyer is true to their word. Why waste time on a possible scam. Returning the email, hitting reply will also tell you if the person exisits. If your email bounces back you know rightaway. Most of these scams come from our websites, a good reason to keep a seperate email address for your website then your personal email. You will receive less spam if your email address is not on website.*

Just my feelings, but don't deal with internet requests unless the person comes with familiar references. There are lots of wonderful homes in your own community. There is seldom a need to sell outside your own state let alone outside the USA. We need to know where our puppies are or they could end up in the appalling circumstances that we read about so often.