Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
$100,000 Silver Lab Challange

I came across a website that offers $100K to anyone that can prove Silver is not an actual color. Please, someone here, please, collect the money from these peeople...

http://www.silverlabradorinfo.com/

In an attempt to quiet the ignorant ranting of the more vocal opponents of CCK's Silver Labs, we offered a $100,000.00 Silver Lab Challenge to any "expert" who wished to put their money where their mouth was concerning their accusations surrounding the ancestry of Silver Labs. As a surprise to no one, not one "expert" you see on the internet was willing to stand behind their "Flat Earth" accusations regarding CCK's Silver Labs. The reticence of those "experts" speaks volumes as to who is telling the truth in the Great Silver Lab Debate.

Re: $100,000 Silver Lab Challange

I think there is something written up on the silver labrador on the LRC,Inc., send it too them. I think it was Dr. Fran Smith that wrote something up on it.
Maybe contact them.

Re: Re: $100,000 Silver Lab Challange

How about $100,000 to be given to the first silver mutt breeder to prove that they are real Labradors and not just Weimaraner/Labrador hybrids.

Troll Alert! The original "silvers" and their parents are long since dead or hidden away, so there is no way of proving this by DNA. It's an empty challenge.

The details to this challenge are ridiculous. You must put up $100,000 of your own money at the beginning and then you have only 30 days to prove they are cross breeds. It would take a lot longer than that to run an adequate sample size of DNA tests to match markers, etc between Labradors, silver Labradors, and Weimeraners. The originators of that challenge knew what they were doing - setting up something that nobody could try yet making it seem like it could be done if someone wanted.

http://list.weim.net/pipermail/weim/1999-April/078432.html

Re: $100,000 Silver Lab Challange, proved it!!!!!

I Just Proved It!! all my silver litter came out with blue eyes, bobbed tails and stait fronts...Ok fork over the cash!.

Re: Lets don't talk Silver

Do you think it could be one of them posting giving it the attention. The same one who slams our good breeders for doing their own thing.

Anything is possible..I wouldn't be surprised.

Re: Re: $100,000 Silver Lab Challange

Nope, Im not a silver breeder or owner. I found the silver challange site and thought it would be interesting to share. Actually, Id love to see someone prove these silver people wrong.........