Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Northeast PA dog owners beware - caution sad and graphic details

If you live in PA and have been watching the news this week, you are probably aware of this. Humane officers are investigating animal cruelty and trying to find the culprit(s). Five dogs have been found killed, skinned and abandoned. Necropsy reveals the dogs were beaten to death first. The possibility of them being coyotes has been ruled out by DNA. They believe the dogs are all of the same breed, but further details are not being released. The first 3 found were found in a creek bed... a female and 2 puppies. The second two bodies were "dumped" near a road where wild animals are sometimes dumped and officers believe they were disposed of there to be easily discovered.

There's a sicko out there... please be extra on guard with your dogs.

Val

Re: Northeast PA dog owners beware - caution sad and graphic details

Val,
I have not heard about this until now. Very sad. Do you have a town or county name where this took place?

TIA,
Katie

Re: Northeast PA dog owners beware - news report link

I believe the first ones were near Tunkhannock and the second ones near Carbondale.

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=7371115

I do know a reward is being offered for info that leads to an arrest.
Note the news reports states that these dogs looked to be owned as pets, nails were trimmed, etc.

The first ones were Wyoming County, the second ones Lackawanna County.

Re: Re: Northeast PA dog owners beware - caution sad and graphic details

after reading this it just made me sick to think there are people that would do this. my husband thinks sounds like a cult

Think I remember reading it said there was a similar incident with cats around Halloween.

Re: Re: Northeast PA dog owners beware - caution sad and graphic details

Or this could be the first depraved steps of a serial killer in the making. From what I have read most serial killers start by killing,torturing and dissecting animals. How frightening.

Re:: Northeast PA dog owners beware - caution sad and in my back yard!!!!

I live right between the two towns this happened!!! it is good to be familiar with guns, I'll shoot first ask questions later,............my gang SOUNDS ferocious when some one comes in my drive or knocks on the door, not a bad thing......
BB

Re: Re:: Northeast PA dog owners beware - caution sad and in my back yard!!!!

I am only following what is being said on the forum, but it strikes me odd that no one is reporting that any pet dogs are missing. The only way I can think of that owners are not reporting their dogs missing, is if the responsible individual or individuals is/are is getting them from a shelter as a proposed new owner or owners. Then he/she/they are free to do with the dogs what they want. I think it is the animal shelters in the area which should be given a heads up and watched, and their records checked for who has adopted recently.

The news didn't say anything about the possible age of the 2 pups. The first incicident just reported an adult female and 2 pups found.

It certainly could be a possibility that they were adopted dogs, from a shelter or the numerous "free for free" ads for pets in the newspaper.

I'm sure the shelters in the area ae aware of these incidents. I think pet owners looking to "give" their pets away needed a heads up too... and since we don't know all the details, as not all are being releases, the pet owners in general in the area should be extra on guard.