Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Places to eat near Syracuse fairgrounds???

Where's a good family style place to eat near the Syracuse fairgounds? We're showing tomorrow and would like to have a nice sit down lunch afterwards. I seem to recall there was a place with good pork sandwiches?

Cathy M.

Re: Places to eat near Syracuse fairgrounds???

we ate at Friendly's today for lunch, it was about 15 mins away, even closer if you're staying at the Holiday Inn

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que...maybe google it for the address

Re: Re: Places to eat near Syracuse fairgrounds???

Thanks! Will look up/google the Friendly's and the Dinosaur B-BQ. :)

Cathy M.

Dinosaur BBQ might not be the best family place, depending on your kids... It's basically a biker bar with really great food. They don't take reservations, there is usually a long wait for a table, and the parking is very difficult unless you have a Harley! But the food is fantastic. My favorite is pulled pork. A great alternative is to order take out - then it's ready when you get there and you can take it back to the hotel or camper to eat in comfort. If you don't mind waiting in line, the place is really fun. You MUST go to the bathrooms and read the graffiti.

Re: Re: Places to eat near Syracuse fairgrounds???

Thanks Nancy! I remembered a post about a year or so ago and couldn't remember the name of the restaurant/pub!