Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFA wait

How long does it take to get OFA's back? Just go them done on Thus, feeling SUPER antsy. This is my first!!!

Re: OFA wait

3-6 weeks depending on how fast OFA gets your films and how fast they can get to them and grade them.

I know of vets who only send in xrays every 2 weeks. So if you took them early in the period, you add 2 extra weeks on to the normal OFA time line.

Re: Re: OFA wait

17 days total, from shipping the X-rays to getting results. That's from Canada.

Re: Re: Re: OFA wait

Some 2 week not more than 3 weeks here.

Lately I have heard they are taking longer

you can call them to see if they have the reading in yet and can give it to you over the phone.

We just had some OFA finals done a couple of weeks ago, so are in the same boat.

It took 8 days from the date the radiographs were taken (rads were done over the weekend) until the confirmation e-mail came saying that OFA had received them. In the e-mail, it stated that it usually takes 2-3 wks after that to get the final results based on the fact that now the films have to be reviewed by the 3 different radiologists (often in different states/locations).

When we had prelims done on the same dog, it only took 7 days total from having the radiographs taken until seeing the results up on the OFA site. There is only one radiologist who views the prelims, so they're able to get the results much more quickly.

Good luck on those results!

Re: Re: OFA wait

Hate to hear it has gotten longer. Got some coming up. Need results for upcoming events.

Re: Re: Re: OFA wait

Mine was 2 weeks from when they received the x-rays and that was in October. They were posted on-line the same day I recieved the certificates in the mail.

MK