Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NO FLAMES PLEASE LOL!!!!

just a fun (or not so fun) post!! Don't know who's hotter the pups or me!!!

Re: NO FLAMES PLEASE LOL!!!!

Oh you poor dear!

Thanks goodness - I am past them darned old hot flashes. I can't imagine keeping babies warm enough when I was heat stroking/hot flashing out!

Hang in there and buy lots of bags of frozen peas. (for you - not the pupsters! lol)

Valerie - Bibsmom

Val.. you are so funny.

Hot flashes--At 4 weeks they should be able to regulate their body temperature better. Maybe you can cool it down a little now?

I just began the hot flashes and flushes, I feel bad for ya. Drink cool not hot fluids, it helps.

Can you imagine if all the wacko flamers came in here, we would be boiling hot hehe.

Re: Re: NO FLAMES PLEASE LOL!!!!

I'm pretty sure my hot flashes are responsible for global warming!

My family was upset with me because I wouldn't allow the heat to be turned on until November 1st. I'm a new furnace myself and not enjoying it at all. I feel your heat.

Re: Re: Re: NO FLAMES PLEASE LOL!!!!

Keep extra summer clothes out, so when the flashes start,you can change real fast, then when they go away, you can put your regular clothes on. That is what I did! My husband wondered why I changed my clothes so often

I thought I was starting "The Big Change" last night and threw off the covers. Then I discovered it was just my hot Chihuahua!

Re: Re: Re: Re: NO FLAMES PLEASE LOL!!!!

sorry to hear that you are uncomfortable. Take some soy products, like milk in your coffee, cereal.
And if you decide you just can't keep the "TANK" then I'm coming down to steal her LOL LOL before Connie :):P

Can you stand in front of the freezer? If you live where its cold, go outside in a t-shirt and shorts for awhile. :)

Shorts and cotton tanks outdoors in middle of the winter helps. I keep a sweathshirt handy for when I cool down cuz then I'm cold and showing my 2 puppy dogs' noses . The freezer sound exciting also Laura.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Can you stand in front of the freezer? If you live where its cold, go outside in a t-shirt and shorts for awhile.

I'm 47 and depressingly regular. I want to be spayed! I actually did ask my doc, and she said it's not covered under my insurance. Are hot flashes really worse than monthly visits from Aunt Flo?

thank god we can still joke about it. i must change shirts six times a day.

can you say FAN??? preferably with a remote control.

To all the "flashers" from one who has been there!
My wonderful (I know there is a special place in heaven for him) husband got me the CoolSistas pack from www.coolsistas.com and it was a life saver - - his life..hehehe. Seriously it worked wonders for me for night times, and I am more than glad to share that info!!!

Condolences on the loss of your DH.

I want to order this item but why don't they explain on their website exactly what it is and how it works? Could you explain it please so I can order it yesterday?

Yes Nancy, they are! In a bizarre sort of way...you take meds for Aunt Flo but unles you want "risk factors" you just have to tough it through the "Flash"
and pray your freezer never breaks down!!!!!LOL!!
Lisa (been there done that!)

Me2 - the Coolsistas pack is a thick fluffy terry cloth pack that has two pouches that hold the two large freezer packs. You freeze the packs then you put them in the pack and sleep with it next to you. When you awake to feel that horrid-sweaty-hot-wanna-kill someone feeling you pull it onto your stomach/ribcage. It cools your core and stops the change in temperature. The nice part is that the packs can also be warmed and used on the small of your back or your feet after a long day showing on concrete!!

You guys sure bring back memories of something I don't miss.

I actually named a dog Windswept Agitator's Hotflash. It was condusive to my condition. It worked out well because her father's name was Flash. My better-half thought I was crazy.

I am SO glad I am spayed!!!

Gail,
I think MOST of husbands think we're crazy... What does that say about them???? LOL!

All right, ladies - I have to jump in here! Have anyone of you been to see the play "Menopause The Musical"? If not, you owe it to yourself. My wife and I went with some friends. Trust me, both the ladies and the hubbies understood this well, and the guys doubled over with laughter as did the ladies. The funniest thing was the younger crowd. The girls laughed hysterically, but their dates (hubbies, significant others, etc.) just looked around hoping to find some explanation of why this was so funny. Those poor guys don't know what they are in for.

If you can't catch the play, see if you can find the soundtrack on CD. It's 23 parodies of sixties and seventies hits. Here's a sample, sung to the music of "Heat Wave":

I'm having a hot flash
A tropical hot flash
My personal summer is really a bummer
I'm having a hot flash.
Comes on like a car crash
No warning just hot flash
Outside it is nippy, but I'm hot and drippy
I'm having a hot flash

So - go. And have fun! (Non-paid ad -

When I was right at the peak of menopause, I remember one cold fall evening I was just roasting. I turned down all the heat, but was still just sweating up a storm and my poor husband was freezing to death..

He literally put on long johns, two pairs of socks, sweat pants, a hooded sweatshirt, and gloves. As he was walking up the stairs to our bedroom one of my sons saw him, got all excited and asked.... "Are you going duck hunting? Wait.... let me get my gun, I'll go with you."

My husband laughed and said "H*ll no, I am just going to bed." He slept with 2 quilts and I slept part of the night with a sheet!

We still laugh about the "Duck hunt" my son wanted to go on.

You ladies almost make me envious - here in my turtle neck sweater, five layers of fleece and feathers, gloves and Canadian boots to walk the dogs. I look back on hot flashes with pangs of fondness...

I don't miss them either! One natural thing I've heard that works is almonds. One of the gals I worked with kept a jar of unsalted almonds on her desk and swore they helped. I don't really know. I just swore b/c of the hot flashes.

Ain't life grand?

Re: Re: Re: NO FLAMES PLEASE LOL!!!!

Oh Ladies, the worse thing I did was tell my husband I was experiencing them. Unfortunately it was in the winter because he wanted me to stand in the driveway to melt the snow!!! I swear I could have done it. Felt I could not even stand next to the grandkids snowmen!!
NO FLAMES PLEASE - Anyone who would dare flame you would get it back twice over just getting next to one of us!! LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: NO FLAMES PLEASE LOL!!!!

After 7 years being "post" - I still get them. Last year we left my company's Xmas party, walked to the parking lot to the car, and steam was rising from my head (temp was about in the single digits if I recall).

Thank you Susan. It sounds great!

I am going to order it today. I will post to tell all of you how it works. Maybe I won't be throwing off my night clothes at 3 o'clock in the morning which actually excites my DH . I take a cool shower and get into clean night clothes again . Maybe this will help me. Thanks for the information. I'm excited about a product to cool me off. Isn't it amazing what excites us during menopause?

Cybrarian, that was hilarious, I too am a "head steamer" !!!
Ladies, the soy milk really works for hot flashes! When I'm off it for 2-3 weeks for a "break" I really notice the difference, start having those horrid hot flashes again. When I'm on the soymilk, it goes down from 10+ a day to maybe one twice a week>
IT WORKS!!!

How much soy milk do you need to drink a day ? Are we the cause of global warming

One glass a day is all it takes! I get the chocolate, vanilla or coffee or sometimes plain for a change and to mix it up a little so I don't get bored. SOY is your friend!

Thank you !! I'm going to give it a try.