Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kennel cough

My girl has developed a cough, sounds like kennel cough.
Is it possible after taking two of her kennel mates to a show last Saturday that she could have contracted the cough? Those two kennel mates haven't showed any signs of coughing. Thank you for your input.

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING, ONE AND ALL.

Re: Kennel cough

Sounds way to familiar. The incubation period is plus or minus a week. Good luck

It's a possibilty. I have had dogs that never got sick, while others did. Some just carry it to others. I'd keep the pup warm and let it pass unless you feel a need to get it diagnosed and medicated. Good Luck!

Just out of curiousity...which show did you take your two to? Wondering if I was at the same show? THX

bdr, one of my girls started sounding like I needed to dose her with Mucinex DM last friday. I was at the Salisbury MD shows the prior weekend.

I had two dogs at the Grand Rapids, MI shows last weekend and while they're not coughing my neighbor's poor pug (who spends a lot of time at my house) started horking something fierce yesterday. No issues with any of my dogs though...

Sounds like a strong possibility :-(

Here too

I was at the Grand Rapids show also.. Dawson has been fighting it also,, quarantined her and two of the other girls came down with it yesterday.