Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pregnant???

Hi everyone....going in to the vet tomorrow for exrays, but wanted to know if anyone has ever had a bitch go "longer" than 63 days before whelping? My girl is a good 63 days and I had expected her puppies to arrive a couple of days ago. Temp is still normal and is just playing around as usual. Maybe not pregnant at all, but is definitely bigger and her mamary glands are huge... but still no puppies. Will see what the exray says, just thought someone else may have gone through this before. Thanks for any info you could share...

Re: Pregnant???

How are you calculating her due date? Were you doing progesterone testing? Was it a natural or AI breeding?

We did have a bitch that was pregnant with 2 pups that went to the far side of the range of due dates - calculating from the LH surge. We did progesterone testing on her and let her go 2 extra days until her prog dropped to below 5. We were doing a planned c-section. Did you have any test results on LH or prog?

Re: Re: Pregnant???

Yes, I did do progesterone testing and we did AI with her.

I guess I would be concerned when a bitch goes over the dates. Can you get the girl looked at today?

I had one with one pup go 66 days and we ended up having to c section it out because she never initiated labor.
Aloha,
jackie

Re: Re: Pregnant???

Let us know what you find out!

Good Luck,

Donna