questioning whether there was any reason to set our own standards
high and if what we do really matters. I was reminded of the
first sentence of the famous Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

In this time of reflection,
  • I am thankful for these words of guidance that help me to gain perspective - and struggle less bitterly with acceptance.

• I am thankful for family and friends that have supported and encouraged my doggy habit for decades - even when they didn't understand it.

• I am thankful for those who developed this breed I love - and feel an obligation to preserve what they worked so hard to establish.

• I am thankful for those who helped to provide sound foundations on which to build our current lines - even when the final constructions are so diverse.

• I am thankful for the diversity explored by those who favor "special purpose" dogs - it leaves me a roadmap of trails to avoid if I do not want the same outcome.

• Most of all, I am thankful for the daily joy of living with the most "human" breed of all - we can all learn a great deal by observing how they live.

My wish for all of you for this holiday season is that you have much to be thankful for - and take the time to apprecite it.

Re: Thankful thoughts

Here, Here!

And may I just add that I wish people kept the so called "holiday spirit" with them everyday, and not just one or two days of the year. We'd all be better for it.

Re: Re: Thankful thoughts

AMEN

Re: Re: Re: Thankful thoughts

Very nice......I'm feelin' the LOVE! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
PS: I'm thankful for the three soft, yellow faces that look at me adoringly every day!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thankful thoughts

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

But you pointed my 'fault' right out when I used "recent" in a thread a couple days ago

We all point out each others faults, that's how we learn, grow and change.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest, but in the same breath god bless you and have a safe holiday

Re: Re: Thankful thoughts

There is a big difference between pointing out "faults" (things that can not be changed) and explaining the rationale for "change". I suggested that the word "recent" be changed. Today I suggested it to the people who printed it on the internet. I have been assured by Dr. Keller that it will be changed as soon as Eddie Dzuik gets to it

Remember the serenity prayer... have the courage to change the things you can. It is is unfortunate that you felt you were being "chastized" for something that you obviously didn't do and didn't know. Ignorance is always excusable. It does say a lot about the fragility of your ego, however, that you felt somehow "faulted" for something that was clearly not your fault - in any regard - and so much so that you had to "get it off your chest"! Try rereading the serenity prayer one more time.