Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A New Idea

Here's an idea that I'm throwing out there to see how we all feel about it.
I belong to a cavalier mailing list and like this forum, advertising is not permitted. However, what better way to reach a lot of legitimate people in your breed than via these online publications?
The Cavalier list owners decided to make one day a week (Sunday)a day to announce litters, offer things for sale to other breeders, etc. "Sunday is advertising permitted within reason" day.
Would that work for any of you?

Re: A New Idea

Makes do difference to me either way. I don't have a problem with anyone making announcements on what they have to offer, and I dont see how it could hurt. Why not try it, IF the majority feel the same way.

I do not mind advertising of litters studs etc. What bugs me is the birthday threads on lists and congrats over and over. That's just me. I just choose not to open.

Re: Re: A New Idea

Might be fun Julie.

For what it is worth, there is a labrador specific list on the yahoo groups that lab/dog related things are listed for sale.Puppies are not allowed to be listed but anything relating to lab or dog stuff is allowed. Dog supplies, crates, clothes that have labs/dogs on them, household decorative items, books.
Lab Stuff is the name of it, if anyone is interested in checking it out.

I do like that there might be a place to announce as you've said the Cav list has done.

Re: Re: Re: A New Idea

I like the idea alot. We would have to some how put them in catagorys. IF, we started getting alot. Only dog items, right ? Litters, stud dogs by color ?? Think it sounds worth a try for a month or two. Only post litters with both parents clearances done ? Lots to think about maybe ?