Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Copy of e-mail from the Caribe K.C. in Puerto Rico

Every decent human beign in Puerto Rico issorry and ashamed of what happened to Al Pacino the Champino Labrador from Brazil.

The news about animalcruety that where published in the states after that tragedy are old news and the government and Dogs clubs and Huane society have joined forces to fix this situation.

We are aware that it is an important problem. Nevertheless, you are acting on a very emotional level ignoring all the good things that do happene in Puerto Ricowith animals and specially dogs.

Puerto Rico is a very complex society, a smallterritory with 4 million residents. What happened to Al Pacino, could have happened in sao Paolo, Brazil, and his owner said so clearly.

The dog was an inocent victim in a car robery, there was no intention on harming him.

The same thing couldhave happened in NYC, LA, Chicago, Buenos Aires, Madrid, Paris or Moscow.

Big cities, major crime it is shamefull and a problem but, are you going to stop going to Westminster?

I don't know where you reside, but I've been arond major metropolitan areas all over the world and the problems are the same.

Yes it happened here, but it has also happened in other cities, including USA.

And you can ask major professsional handlers and succesfull breeders and they will tell you how well they are treated when they come down here.

Jaime
caribekennelclub@hotmail.com

Hmmmmmmmm. Don't think I will be going to Puerto Rico anytime soon. But I was sooooo happy to learn that the "major" professional handlers and the "successful" breeders are treated well.

Re: Copy of e-mail from the Caribe K.C. in Puerto Rico

I'm leery of going to PR too. Major cities and crime are a fact of life, but I want to be able to count on the police should something happen.

Re: Copy of e-mail from the Caribe K.C. in Puerto Rico

Perhaps you should really check into the most accurate translations- I'm sure they didn't mean that *only* successful breeders and "major" professional handlers are treated well in Puerto Rico. While I wouldn't likely take my own dogs down there, it certainly sounds like the majority of dogs and their handlers/breeders are treated in a terrific and respectful fashion.