Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vitamin recomendation by a breeder

Has anyone ever tried Nu Vet Vitamins for their dogs? Someone told me that breeders recomend these to puppy buyers because they get a kickback.

Re: Vitamin recomendation by a breeder

Everytime I hear about NuVet vitamins, it's usually from a puppy buyer who has a breeder who says if you don't buy these vitamins from me and give them to your new puppy, the guarantee is null and void. I am sure the vitamins are fine, but I am a firm believer that if you give a good food, you don't need vitamins. I believe that about human diet as well.

Re: Vitamin recomendation by a breeder

yes they do get a kickback. That is why you have to enter their "number" when you order the product. I think it is a cop-out to honoring a hip/elbow guarantee, and lining the pocketbook of the breeder at the same time.

Re: Re: Vitamin recomendation by a breeder

While I set myself up with a new account so that there were no "kick-backs" given, the vitamins actually really helped my dogs' skin/coat/soundness (one of them has ED). I no longer give them- consider me in an "experimental" mindset, since I now give NuPro supplements- but they seemed to really do the trick when I tried them out! Perhaps consider getting your own account with which to purchase to see if there are/aren't differences...this may be the only way to learn.