Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CA legislation rally

FYI
Yesterday's San Jose Mercury News mentions a rally at City Hall for mandatory spay/neuter by California Healthy Pets Coalition which is backing AB1634. Got an email from Bill Hembly at PetPac "setting the record straight" Below is my response to him:
I appreciate your efforts here, but you are preaching to the choir. It is the general public that needs to become more informed. PETA and others like them are counting on the ignorance of voters to pass this and other legislation like it. I would like to see more leaders/organizations in the fight against this type of legislation in my newspaper.

"Just yesterday there was an article in the San Jose Mercury News regarding a group that is advocating spay/neuter outside San Jose City hall. San Jose Mercury News Feb. 21 pg. 3B www.cahealthypets.com/ca-healthy-pets-ab-1634-home.php. I think that you and others should be more responsive so that the public has a chance to consider both sides of the issue. Emails to folks who get it will not raise awareness. ....my two cents." ~Maria