Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interdigital Cysts...what to do???

I'm looking for help with either a good remedy or good prevention for interdigital cysts. I seem to have a couple of girls, from different lines, that pop up with these from time to time. Always seems to be a BAD time too.

Does anyone have experience with remedies or prevention? Thanks.

Re: Interdigital Cysts...what to do???

search this forum, many of us have posted before with solutions

Re: Re: Interdigital Cysts...what to do???

Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Interdigital Cysts...what to do???

Try zinc pills from the vit/min section of any store that carries vit/min. I use 50mg for my labs that have cysts that rear their ugliness from time to time. I keep those dog on it permanently. An oldtime breeder told me about this 15 years ago and it has never failed.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Interdigital Cysts...what to do???

I just happened upon this small thread. I have one that gets these from time to time. The Zinc pills sound simple enough and well worth a try!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Interdigital Cysts...what to do???

Do you give the Zinc everyday in their food to the ones prone to intergigital cysts or only when it looks like an outbreak? Will this hurt them at all?
Thanks for that information.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Interdigital Cysts...what to do???

I checked with my Vet today and he looked it up. I can give up to 60mg for a dog that weighs 70-90 pounds safely. The thing with Zinc is that it is a mineral and can be toxic if given in to high a dose. It's not like with Vitamin C where the excess is just pee'd out.