Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LRC National Specialty Catalogue Ads

Hi Everyone, I’ve agreed to collect ads for the LRC National Specialty catalogue. Ideally, you should send them camera ready in a CD to me at my address below. That will be the least expensive for you and easiest for me. However, I’ll accept just about anything and work with you as long as you include a check. Seems like you’ll have plenty of time but it’ll be here sooner than you think. Thanks for your support.

Below is a review of various options:
REGULAR CATALOG ADVERTISING
Deadline August 28, 2008
Use this opportunity to showcase your dogs, your kennel or retriever related products!

Inside Front or Inside Back Cover (includes one catalog) .................................................$90
Full page (includes one photo and catalog) ......................................................................$60
Facing pages for the same advertiser (with or without photo).........................................$95
Half page (no photo).........................................................................................................$35
Quarter page _ Business cards (no photo accepted) .........................................................$20
Second photo on full page ad...................................................................... .....................$10

ADVERTISING COPY RULES
HARD COPY: Send your ad information and original photos to the advertising chairman. We will prepare your ad and, if there is time, we will email you a proof.

Black and White photos are preferred.

ELECTRONIC: There are several acceptable formats. Image area is 4.5 inches x 7.5 inches. No bleeds are accepted.
1. (Preferred) High-Resolution PDF in Grayscale, TO SIZE, 300 pixels/inch.
2. 300 pixels/inch grayscale .jpg or .tif TO SIZE.
3. Word document, with images embedded AND included as a separate .jpg or .tif.

Be aware, your selected fonts may not be available. We will substitute fonts as close as we can match.

NOTE: If you lay out your ad in Word at 8.5x11 size, it will NOT come down in proportion to a catalog page.
Reduction in width will make the ad very short on the page.

NOT ACCEPTABLE FORMATS:
Word Perfect, PowerPoint, Works, Publisher or Excel. These formats will not import into our layout program.

NAMING CONVENTION FOR ALL ELECTRONIC FILES: Make the FIRST word of every file your last name. This will automatically group all your files together. If you have more than one page, name each file with a 1, 2, etc. following your last name to indicate which page the file is for.

All ad hard copy and labeled photos will be returned at the Specialty. If you will not be at the Secialty Show and wish to have your photos returned, please include a SASE. Please put your name and address on the back of all photos and type all copy to avoid errors.

Checks payable to LRC, Inc. must accompany the ad.
All catalog ads should be sent to:
Faith Hyndman, 3672 Concord Rd, Doylestown PA 18901-5422,
fhyndman@comcast.net
215-345-6447