Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
12 yr old black lab in Jefferson County, MO

I hope I'm not violating any rules here; I have gained a lot of info from this site. I belong to another site, one of our members posted the info below. I've seen you guys help other labs out, can anyone help this guy? I've sent ems to rescues in the area. TIA

"I just hung up the phone with Jefferson County Animal Control in MO because that's where the 12 yr old abandoned black lab is located. They are not a no kill shelter and he will be put down if he's not adopted. Since they are not a no kill shelter they cannot accept donations to keep him there until he's adopted. His # at JCAC animal control is 27892. I asked the lady if he's received treatment for his wounds and she said "ma'am it doesn't say anything on my paperwork that he's in bad shape. I'm quite sure it would say that if he was in bad shape. All it says is that he's 12 yrs old and abandoned." I explained to her that the picture and description of this dog on CRAIGSLIST MO shows and says otherwise. Then she got a little angry with me and told me that she rarely works with the dogs herself, but I'm more than welcome to come down and take a look. He's available for adoption starting tomorrow. They DO NOT have a veternarian on staff to treat the lab or any of the animals. So whoever adopts him will be responsible for his medical bills. Here is the address for the JCAC: Jefferson County Animal Control, 7105 Shelter Road, Barnhardt, MO 63012. JCAC phone number is 636-797-5577 and the black labs ID number is 27892. I just moved to the area and unfortunately I don't know anyone who would be able to help the poor guy. If anyone else is from MO and knows some way or has any ideas on he can be helped please let me know. We are renting our house in MO and the landlord only allows 2 dogs and that's what we have right now."