Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chicago spay and neuter

There will be a joint committee (Licensing and Financial) hearing on July 29th at the City Hall downtown Chicago starting at 10 am (be there by 9 am) regarding the ordinance that Alderman Burke and Alderman Rugai have proposed regarding mandatory spay and neutering for each animal 6 months of age in the city of Chicago.

We must get as many people to be there and be supportive of being against this ordinance.
Breeders, pet owners, religious people if we can...who are against spaying and neutering for religious reasons, numerous ethnic groups should be represented...a good cross section.
BUT dog clubs...send your people there.

The administrative aide for Alderman Burke stated that they have revised the ordinance by looking at the ordinance that was passed in LOS ANGELES.....

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS IS NOW????!!!!! (If it passes in Chicago, then cook county will be next, then the state. DONT fool yourselves into thinking this does not involve you.... Heck I dont live in the city.... and I am plenty scared of what this means to our right to property, to our right to own our dogs, to the right to have dogs in the future).

Please let me know if any of you or any of your dog 'acquaintances' can come to the 29th hearing .... if not to speak to be there for support and show of numbers.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO OTHER GROUPS AND OTHER CLUBS....

Anyone with questions please email me , I am hoping to have the finalized copy of the ordinance in my hand by next week.

Karen
Karen Perry
Ouilmette4@sbcglobal.net