Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cancer Study at North Carolina University

I got word from another list there is an ongoing cancer study being conducted at North Carolina University. The folks there are asking for a blood sample from the dogs who are currently suffering from the disease as well as dogs who are siblings of the dog in an effort to find a genetic marker for all types of cancers. I have a PDF file I can send to anyone who is interested in participating. It contains all the information one needs about the study and how to participate.

The folks who are in charge are Drs. Matthew Breen and John Cullen.The study is being funded by the AKC Canine Health Foundation.

Having personally dealt with canine cancer and its awful progress over time, I am hoping that with willing participants in studies like these, we can eventually prevent our four footed companions from suffering, or at least sharply reduce the numbers. Please, if you are at all interested, email me at the above address, and I will be glad to send you the attachment. The study is planned to be active at least through December 2008. Thanks