Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad day for a of us breeders

It is with regret that we must inform you of the Passing of a Wonderful Friend and Breeder Anne Trend of Trendy Labradors which occured on this day. I truly will miss her we shared many wonderful times together. Her passing is a great loss to the Labrador Community.

Re: Sad day for a of us breeders

So sorry to hear of her passing :{... may she rest in peace and be running around with all the labs we've all lost previously.
Aloha,
Jackie

A Very Sad Day indeed Judy. I knew Anne very well from when I lived in Florida. She fought so hard for so many years to stay alive and breed her beautiful Labs coming mostly from her beloved CH Lexi. She has left us too young. I send my deepest condolences to her family. She truly cared about the best for our Labs. She had one last blessing last weekend with one of her males finishing his CH in Orlando. May she rest and run with all the Great Ones who love our breed so much. Does anyone know who will care for her much loved Labs??????

She was hoping her sisters would keep them and keep the 3 ole girls together but at this time not sure. She just place her younger pup. And I think some one wanted Carley but they are looking to see if they can find out who it was. A sad day.

Anne is surely one who will be greeted at the door by all the dogs who ever loved her.

Rest in peace, Anne.

Very sorry to hear of this loss. I did not really know Anne and I wish I would have had a chance to have gotten to know her better. She sure made a huge contribution to the breed with all of her beautiful dogs. God Bless!

My Friend Anne Trend

Yesterday I lost a great friend, the Labrador community lost someone who lived for our breed, and the world lost one of the best and strongest people I've ever known.
I met Anne about 8-9 years ago when I first started showing my Labs. Although we were not friends yet, I remember the day she finished her first home bred champion CH Trendy's Greek God Apollo. Thereafter I saw her off and on and the shows. She was always friendly and polite.
When my now 6-year old Jezebel was a puppy, Anne spotted her and asked me who she was because she thought Jez was so pretty. There was nothing Anne liked better than a beautiful black Lab. We became a little friendlier then, but it wasn't until January of 2005 that we established a friendship that will last beyond this lifetime.
Anne learned at one of the January shows that I had been diagnosed with metastasis to the bone from a primary breast cancer. She got my phone number from someone there and called to tell me not to worry, that I would get through it and told me she was going through the same thing, only worse.
She offered her guidance and her prayers and from that day on we realized we were kindred spirits.
We spoke just about every single afternoon when I got home from work. We talked about so much, not only our dogs, and not only about cancer, but about everything friends talk about.
She knew so much about our breed and she taught me so much. Most of all, she taught me about strength and about courage. She told me many times that we were sisters, and that I was her strength, that I always managed to make her laugh, and she would not know what she would do without me, but it was the other way around, she was my rock, and it is now I who doesn't know what I will do without her.
I was privileged to see each one of Anne's champions finish -- CH Trendy's Destiny of a Queen (Destiny); CH Trendy's Jewel of Carlton (Carley); CH Trendy's Lexington of Longslough (Lexi); and most recently, last Sunday CH Trendy's Show Me In Bleau (Bleau). When I hugged on Sunday, I was pretty sure that would be our last hug.
The day Jezebel finished in the Brooksville circuit, Anne drove herself over there to watch Jez show. She knew Jez needed one major to finish. On the way there, she got a speeding ticket. When she got there, she told Jez, "Now you make this worth it". Jez did, and Anne was there to see her finish and I was so happy that she was.
There's not enough I can say about Anne, and no words to explain how much I will miss her. My afternoons after work will never be the same without her to talk to. She was the best in every way. Like my husband said to me just a little while ago, "She went out like the trooper that she was."
Anne is survived by three sisters, Donna, Maria and Carol and by her brother Doug and his wife and children. She is also survived by her beloved dogs, Maggie (her "Me Mags" as she called her -- her soulmate, now 15); Queenie, Destiny and Carly. She's also survived by all the friends she drew to her throughout the years. She had many friends, because someone like Anne deserved them.
I will try to continue to live my life in a way that will always make her proud because I know she's still out there watching and looking out for me.
I will miss you "girlfriend".

Re: My Friend Anne Trend

Rosy,
This was beautiful and so well put. We all loved her and as a friend and mentor.
She will be missed, like you I will miss those phone calls. She is up there watching over us. One Day I will prove her right "I will have a Champion too." as she always said I would.
God Speed!

Oh Rosy, I've been thinking of you all day. It was a privilege to meet you and Anne the first year you came to Potomac, it was my first year too. I remember Anne having to go buy a jacket at the store, you all came from FL and did not know how chilly it would be in MD in April.

My heart goes out to you, and yes, Anne was one classy lady, just from the short time I got to know her, that was very obvious. Beautiful inside and out.

God bless you. My prayers and thoughts are with you. I can't imagine the HUGE loss you are experiencing right now. Blessings to all her family and friends too. And love.

Donna Stanley
Endless Mt. Labradors

Yes we are working on that now , I have been in touch with her family she was only 5 miles from my house in Orlando

as I have know Annie for 12 yrs and she had cancer for long time

I was a friend too as she taught me alot

Marcia

Re: are you the Judy that lives in North Fla that owned Libby ?

did you own Libby Liberty for All out of Rainy

I met you

I was Anne's friend too

Marcia Gail

Re: yesI knew here too and she taught me AI and more she helped me get started in

breeding my Dogs and I will miss her and hope we get mags placed and maybe Donna will take her I hope

Mags needs that Mags found the Cancer in Anne ya know what a Gal what a dog !

Rest Anne now as you fought so hard all these yrs Rest and know I will help place the dogs for you

we already have a great home for Carly

always

Marcia

No I am her friend in Orlando we went to dog shows together and did other things too I met her 7 years ago she picked my first girl for me and we have been close friend from then on. I sure miss my everyday calls.

I hope Queenie and Apollo and her new young male CH have found forever homes???????Oh my how she loved them.

Apollo has been gone for sometime now. He just move from Fl. last year and now is in Texas. The last two CH. Lexi and the boy that just finished was not owned by her but was from her breedings. Wow what dogs! She was so proud as she should be. She left us knowing she had done what she set out to do, "Breed Champions"
We love and Miss you Anne!

yes I know I have onwed several of her dogs

Marcia

Orlando

Your tribute to Anne was a beautiful one.

I just recently found out about Anne's passing and am deeply saddened. I own two lovely yellows that Anne bred, Daisy (10-Skeeter/Xena) and Chloe (8-Danjac's Purgatory/Courtney), that both compete in agility. I was hoping to have finished Chloe's agility championship in time for Anne, but was not able to do so.

As I watch my girls frolic and enjoy life I will continue to thank Anne for allowing me to have two of her wonderful pups.

Lori

Hi Lori,
Thanks for your thoughts. Needless to say, she is sorely missed.
Anne spoke about her "Agility kids" often as she knew I do Agility as well. She was very proud. She often wondered if I had seen her Trendy Labs in any of the trials, but I would tell her that I would not know who they would be as we only see call names.
I tried to access your e-mail, but could not. I would love to meet you at a trial some day. I plan to attend the Orlando trial in September.
Feel free to e-mail me anytime.

I lost my beautiful Molly this week. Molly was an offspring of Lexi. I immediately went online to contact Anne. I was saddened to read of her passing. She had been re-diagnosed for the second time with breast cancer around the time we got our Molly from her. We moved to Idaho and lost touch in the relocation process. I never forgot about her, she became such a good friend and one of the most caring breeders ever.
Do you know if anyone continued her amazing legacy? My first thought was my Molly will have a mom in heaven. She was the most beautiful, amazing companion. Our hearts are broken x2.