Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HSUS again...keep your eyes open

Saw this on another board and thought everyone might like to see it:

Hsus Trolling Breed Web Sites

Please take a look at the HSUS's new tactic. Alert all your club delegates and do not respond. Remember that they also used show catalogs and lists of breeders from parent club web sites and breeder referrals and turned them in to local zoning boards and to IRS and state taxing bodies.
Subject: Code of Ethics

Greetings,

I came upon your website today and in
reading through your Code of Ethics, I was thrilled to see that they are
very much in line with our consumer outreach efforts at The Humane
Society of the United States (HSUS).

The HSUS proudly supports responsible dog breeders, and in a variety of ways. We publish several guides for the public to help them find and
identify a good dog breeder, including our Puppy Buyer's Guide and our Good Breeder Checklist. These are available for free on our website or by mail. You can see the Puppy Buyer's Guide at
www.humanesociety. org/goodbreeder and download our Good Breeder Checklist at www.hsus.org/ web-files/ PDF/Good_ breeder.pdf.

We are also in the process of forming a Breeder's Advisory Council. With this group, we will promote responsible breeding, fight pet
overpopulation and puppy mills, and guide people who want to acquire an animal from a breeder to do it the right way. If more and more breeders begin to come forward to say "I am against puppy mills," and say it loudly and proudly, we have an even greater chance at helping the animals in the facilities providing substandard care.

I also want to let you know that we have recently launched our Emergency Services Placement Partners program. This program enables us to contact pre-approved groups to take in animals when we are on-site during a disaster (natural or man-made). If the breed club rescue is interested in applying to this program, please let me know and I will send you (or whomever) the materials.

If you would like to know more about our work with breeders, or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me. We would be delighted to stay in touch with you.

Respectfully,

Beau