Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
milkade by happy jack inc

Have any of you tried the product called Milkade by Happy Jack for bitches nursing ? Im looking into it because I think my girl may have acidic milk supply. Her puppys at about 7 days old were having the loose poops, and no distress at all. We have used fastrack daily, and mom is on a gentle puppy food kibble. Her poops are wonderful by the way .
There are 7 puppies so its not because mom is over endowed in milk . I have tried some pepto to give me some days to wait as long as I could,incase it may be cocci. They are almost 2 weeks old, now, and the same loose poopy symptoms.
And they dont poop all the time . In fact mom isnt into cleaning butts so every 4 hours we potty the babies for her round the clock .
So I know what the poop is like.
I know they are not colicky.
I did break down and put them on albon liquid and it has been 3 days now. And no sign of difference in bms so its not cocci .I have used this product on pups that I know had cocci, and they would firm up by second day .
So we are thinking this is a case of acidic milk.
I have milkade here butnever have tried it before.
So looking for imput. I do not have any tylan powder at home. But it also works on same principle of albon basically.Its an antibiotic type product.
You can email me privatly please.
sue