has not been entered, or if its entry form is deemed
invalid or unacceptable by The American Kennel Club
under these rules, all resulting awards shall be canceled
by The American Kennel Club. In computing the
championship points, such ineligible dogs, whether or
not they have received awards, shall be counted as
having competed.

Re: ? disallow awards

sorry, I read this section earlier today but its referring to an ineligible dog, she was entered by me, owner of record, i put my name and breeders name on entry because I believed that's how it appeared on her registration only later to realize that breeders name in not on her registration as a co-owner.

It's my first conformation dog, she finished in 3 weeks in open, and I'm afraid the woman whose dog lost to mine last weekend and who also doesn't care for my handler because she wins alot might try to lodge a complaint. I am trying to determine whether she has anything to complain about. I did nothing wrong intentionally, basically two owners were named in entries and I'm actually the only owner of record.
Other person has never shown the dog. I appreciate the discussion and help with this I've been fretting all day over it! She's a great dog and deserving of this title, I feel terrible.

If an ineligible dog has been entered
in any licensed or member dog show, OR if the name of
the owner given on the entry form is not that of the
person or persons who actually owned the dog at the
time entries closed...

That is an OR, meaning any of those deviations listed could be true. My earlier comment is not strictly in keeping with the rule. However, AKC may never check it unless the dog was entered in a class where the breeder had to own it. Be prepared to be disappointed, but the odds are fairly good the win will not be disallowed.

unless the disgruntled exhibitor notifies the akc
and her dog gets winners bitch and finishes. That day she would have finished so that person has motivation to stir the pot. If that happens I'll enter her correctly and she'll become a champion once again .

Re: ? disallow awards, one last question

Is there a time frame for filing complaints with the akc following the close of the show?

AKC will definitely let you know if there is a problem and if the points were taken away.... Did you recieve her CH certificate yet?? If you did then it wasnt an issue...

Jen

I think filling in incorrect information on entry forms is not at all uncommon. Dogs names are spelled wrong all the time. Owners names too. I believe the AKC goes by the AKC number and I'd be willing to bet a computer program does the checking. So, for instance, if a dog was entered and shown in BBE and the breeder was not also an owner in the AKC records, that would be caught.

I'm thinking the "other exhibitor" might just be glad to have you "out of the way".... why get your dog's points taken away and have to continue competing against your dog? Sometimes its better to let things ride (when its something like that).

Hi "JustWondering":
It happened to me, my bitch had some incorrect information on her entries, and I only noticed this on her last show where she took her championship. So I notified the kennel club and explained the situation, and they appreciated it and didn't take her championship away.
So you could call AKC to cover your butt, and explain the situation or let it ride and see if anything happens. I would be careful though, addressing this on a public forum, she might be watching.
Good luck

I saw a bitch finish twice because the owner did not list one of the breeders on the entries. The CH was taken away and she got to finish her twice!

good point, different breed what info was incorrect on your entrys