Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: LRCP 2011 - News Flash

I don't think they can do that. Did you verify that with the hotel?

breeder
Wow!!
I wouldn't think she would be running credit cards through for the rooms 8 months ahead of time, would she?????
I don't thnk I'd be happy if my card was charged $600+ for a room I won't be seeing for 8 months

Yes, they charge you for the room now and it's non-refundable. Great, huh!

Well, I had 2 phones dialing (cell and work) for 50minutes. I have the privilege of great headsets that I could wear and be hands free to still do my business work. After 1hr, and 2 voicemails, there's nothing further to do. I'm NOT impressed over how this reservation system is handled. We'll all know when we see who has "host" hotel rooms.

Well DogZ, you probably did not try long enough. If you are in business, you know that it takes time with one person taking reservations. She does a very good job and deserves a lot of credit. The system works, and this Miss Nobody is not special in the least. This "special people" theory is a bunch of bunk.

There are so many other nice places to stay in the Frederick area. Don't fret. I haven't stayed at the host hotel in 10 years and they've been the best.

LRCP 2011 - News Flash

They still had rooms at the HI express down the road....

They do put ONE night's stay on your credit card. That solves a multitude of problems for them. Like people who cancel at the last minute or want to book a half dozen rooms in case friends might want one, etc. etc. etc. They did not do that before people started being abusive. And it should not be a problem. If the fates decide I should stay home for a whelping, there will be lots of people who will gladly take the room off my hands. If I left the $149 in my checking account for 8 months. I might earn 2 bucks at the current rate. Whoopie!

Waiting for my call back from Suzy!!!

I didn't see anywhere that said it was non-refundable!

breeder
Wow!!
I wouldn't think she would be running credit cards through for the rooms 8 months ahead of time, would she?????
I don't thnk I'd be happy if my card was charged $600+ for a room I won't be seeing for 8 months

Yes, they charge you for the room now and it's non-refundable. Great, huh!

Wrongo. They charge you for one night, non-refundable.

This will be my first time at the Host hotel, and I have tried for years. I got a room, and I am not a "big" name (yet! :-) ) My card was charged for one night, $151.00. I think they do the best they can.

Thank you to Susan, Suzy and the whole membership of the LRCP that works so hard to make this so so successful, and Fun! I appreciate you all! I can hardly wait!

mcdermott.casey@intercontinentalhotelsgroup.com
Casey is the CEO of Intercontinental which runs Holiday Inn if anyone would like to tell him about this ordeal

50 minutes of calling to a phone that only rings. Then to be told they are sold out in the first 3 minutes. Let's be real.

Why don't they move the dammed circus somewhere there is enough parking and lodging. Everyone cranks about this every year. Potomac has gotten too big for it's skin tight britches and needs a pair of Hammer pants!!!!! I can't believe that there is no where in the whole freekn State of Maryland big enough to accommodate a few thousand Labrador lovers. If you are going to throw a party of epic proportions, treat your quests with respect!

Sometimes instead of b****'ing and complaining about something, we should do something about it!

If you feel that there should be something bigger and better - join the club and *volunteer* to help the club find a new location.

Notice *volunteer* - the Club is full of them, and they do not get paid for all the time and effort that they put into this event.

So again please, if you feel that you have ideas on how to change the event - JOIN!

I was able to get through.....got two rooms!!!

R U Kidding Me???
Why don't they move the dammed circus somewhere there is enough parking and lodging. Everyone cranks about this every year. Potomac has gotten too big for it's skin tight britches and needs a pair of Hammer pants!!!!! I can't believe that there is no where in the whole freekn State of Maryland big enough to accommodate a few thousand Labrador lovers. If you are going to throw a party of epic proportions, treat your quests with respect!

I don't think they've overgrown the location. If you want a big field without a host hotel, I'm sure that can be done. Then everyone can take off for their hotel rooms wherever they might be.

Frederick has a ton of hotels. No one has a problem getting a room within 5 to 10 minutes from the show site.

If you're so concerned then join the club, they take anyone even from other countries and help them.

The problem is as with any club, the same people work the shows, new or old members. The problem isn't the show site although the cost of a room at the host hotel has hit an all time high, last year. Choices can be made to go for reasonable hotels nearby tho. The choice is yours.

Of course the rooms sell out fast. It's sheer luck most of the time. I called at 1 minute of *they're off* and did get a room. I call it luck as I'm not a big name breeder. When that many people are calling at one time, some will get through some wont.

What I don't like is the booking of rooms ahead of time. I'm sure some of you will address that with the CEO as long as someone posted the email address. That should make the old habit come to a halt if the CEO is against it.

There's still only about 150 rooms for more than 150 breeders. I don't know of hotels with more rooms than that in a block that allow dogs in your rooms with you.

So either speak up to the CEO or maybe you need to hush up on a list. There are short & long timed members working their buts off yearly to keep this show going.

I think the grounds are fine. I don't approve of the current cost altho I'm paying it, the cones and reservation of parking and the multiple rooms booked early but what can I do about it? Nothin' but enjoy the show which I do.

I wrote to the CEO. I wanted to let him know the Holiday staff does a wonderful job considering the very trying circumstances and difficult people.