Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FreeStacked vs Stacked

Like every thing else in dogs, if you ask 10 people, you'll get 10 different opinions!!!

I've only been doing this 14 years, but I do whatever shows off my dog the best.

Do what works and adjust to the situation. My bitch looks best free baited, which is how I prefer to show her. However, at a show this weekend it was very hot, and she was slumping, did not want to do it and not looking her best free baiting, so I grabbed her collar and stacked her, and she not only got winners but took the breed. By group time she was feeling more energetic, so she was shown free baited and she made the cut down to the final placements. Teach your dog to show both ways and be flexible.

Labradors are shown both ways. Specialty or all breed. Do what makes them look the best. Alot of the professionals who win, hand stack. So am doing both.
And the last points came from a hand stacked dog in an all breed show, shown by me.

Just what I thought, on my dogs good days - he freebaits so beautifully, and then on the not so good days, I just stack

So we'll see how he's feeling. I do know how the judge shows, and I think I will try and follow that.

Thanks everyone!